Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

glenreyes
Frequent Visitor

Grouped Tables excludes some rows/data

Hello, Thank you for reviewing my post. I have an issue with data not showing up on my report after I applied the following syntax: {{"ClientName", each Text.Combine([ClientName], ", "), type text}}) in #"Grouped Rows". I Have grouped multiple tables and added a group rows syntax to combine multiple user names and associated them to a single asset. I did this to account for assets that have multiple users assigned to one asset. I suspect that the null values in the clientnames table is causing the issue. I have tried multiple filtering in the UI and still do not get the accurate totals. Any help is appreciated. Thank you.

let

Source = Sql.Databases("sqlserv1\sqlnch3"),

WebHelpDesk = Source{[Name="WebHelpDesk"]}[Data],

dbo_vw_ASSET_INVENTORY_test = WebHelpDesk{[Schema="dbo",Item="vw_ASSET_INVENTORY_test"]}[Data],

#"Grouped Rows" = Table.Group(dbo_vw_ASSET_INVENTORY_test, {"ASSET_ID", "ASSET_NUMBER", "AUDIT_DATE", "BILLING_RATE_ID", "CLIENT_ID", "CONTRACT_EXPIRATION", "CONTRACT_EXP_ALERTED", "CUSTOM_1", "CUSTOM_2", "CUSTOM_3", "CUSTOM_4", "DELETED", "DEPARTMENT_ID", "DISCOVERY_CONNECTION_ID", "DISCOVERY_KEY", "HAS_CLIENTS", "INITIALIZED_CUSTOM_FIELDS", "INSTALLED_SOFTWARE", "IS_MULTI_INSTALL", "IS_PARENT", "LAST_UPDATED", "LEASE_EXP_ALERTED", "LINKED_PERIPHERALS", "LOCATION_ID", "MAC_ADDRESS", "MODEL_ID", "MULTI_INSTALL_COUNT", "NETWORK_ADDRESS", "NETWORK_NAME", "NOTES", "NOTES_VISIBLE_TO_CLIENTS", "PARENT_ID", "PO_ITEM_ID", "PURCHASE_DATE", "PURCHASE_ORDER_ID", "RESERVABLE", "ROOM_ID", "SERIAL_NUMBER", "SERVICE_CONTRACT", "STATUS_ID", "SUBSCRIBER_ID", "SYNCHRONIZATION_DISABLED", "VERSION", "WARRANTY_EXP_ALERTED", "WARRANTY_TYPE_ID", "ASSET_TYPE", "MODEL_NAME", "MANUFACTURER_ID", "NAME"}, {{"ClientName", each Text.Combine([ClientName], ", "), type text}}) in #"Grouped Rows"

4 REPLIES 4
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@glenreyes,

Please help to share sample data of your original table and post expected result following the guide in the blog below.

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/How-to-Get-Your-Question-Answered-Quickly/ba-p/38490

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi and thank you for responding. Below is sample A of the data produced in PBI after grouping was performed. In the sample A there are 8 assets being displayed vs. sample B which has 9 assets which is where I am comparing both my data from. My PBI report is connected to my ticketing system SQL DB. On the Sample A report I already made sure that "Don't Summarize" and "Show Items with no data" is checked to ensure null values are included.

SAMPLE A

Capture5.JPG

SAMPLE B

Capture6.JPG

@glenreyes,

I didn't see all the fields you use in Grouped rows step in the above screenshots.

#"Grouped Rows" = Table.Group(dbo_vw_ASSET_INVENTORY_test, {"ASSET_ID", "ASSET_NUMBER", "AUDIT_DATE", "BILLING_RATE_ID", "CLIENT_ID", "CONTRACT_EXPIRATION", "CONTRACT_EXP_ALERTED", "CUSTOM_1", "CUSTOM_2", "CUSTOM_3", "CUSTOM_4", "DELETED", "DEPARTMENT_ID", "DISCOVERY_CONNECTION_ID", "DISCOVERY_KEY", "HAS_CLIENTS", "INITIALIZED_CUSTOM_FIELDS", "INSTALLED_SOFTWARE", "IS_MULTI_INSTALL", "IS_PARENT", "LAST_UPDATED", "LEASE_EXP_ALERTED", "LINKED_PERIPHERALS", "LOCATION_ID", "MAC_ADDRESS", "MODEL_ID", "MULTI_INSTALL_COUNT", "NETWORK_ADDRESS", "NETWORK_NAME", "NOTES", "NOTES_VISIBLE_TO_CLIENTS", "PARENT_ID", "PO_ITEM_ID", "PURCHASE_DATE", "PURCHASE_ORDER_ID", "RESERVABLE", "ROOM_ID", "SERIAL_NUMBER", "SERVICE_CONTRACT", "STATUS_ID", "SUBSCRIBER_ID", "SYNCHRONIZATION_DISABLED", "VERSION", "WARRANTY_EXP_ALERTED", "WARRANTY_TYPE_ID", "ASSET_TYPE", "MODEL_NAME", "MANUFACTURER_ID", "NAME"}, {{"ClientName", each Text.Combine([ClientName], ", "), type text}}) in #"Grouped Rows"

Could you please share sample data of your original table with all fields that can be copied and pasted? I will test it in my Power BI Desktop.

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
glenreyes
Frequent Visitor

Sorry forgot to add in my post that I am using direct query to my SQL DB to collect the data.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors