Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Google My Business Reviews API

Has anyone been able to list all of their reviews in My Business via Power Query?

I am trying to list all reviews from multiple locations and already have an established key. I get an error when I test the URL for a single location in a web browser:

{
  "error": {
    "code": 401,
    "message": "Request is missing required authentication credential. Expected OAuth 2 access token, login cookie or other valid authentication credential. See https://developers.google.com/identity/sign-in/web/devconsole-project.",
    "status": "UNAUTHENTICATED"
  }
} 

I have tried connecting through Power Query but I get the error:

"A Web API key can only be specified when a web API key name is provided." I am trying to connect to the source through the web connector and pass the key through the WEB API access. 

I've followed the steps outlined by Google but still cannot figure this one out:  

9 REPLIES 9
mpalha04
Helper III
Helper III

@Anonymous have you been successful in connecting the review data yet?

Anonymous
Not applicable

We are still waiting to hear back from google regarding our API key. They have not responded to the request that went in over a month ago. I would like to use Power BI to pull google reviews in for all of our locations but I feel like our hands are tied by google and they are not responsive. Has anyone else had success using Power BI to pull google reviews?

I would like to do the same with Power BI and Google Reviews. 

I got my API credentials and key. I even tried playing around with the API with the OAuth Playground, and it seems to work... I'm just stuck on connecting to Power BI.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Any luck connecting your API to Power BI? I'm not sure if the web connector is the best choice since a gateway refresh is not the best for web connectors.

Hi @Anonymous,

Have you already managed to obtain the Google Reviews in Power BI?

Anonymous
Not applicable

What connectors have you tried? I believe the Oauth connector should work and then a function can be written in M to extract all of the reviews. I've seen Curbal write a function for a google data set here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=87UsaOYD-ZM

I haven't tried using any connectors other than Web and Odata feed. I never used an Oauth connector before, so I'm not too sure how to go about it? Do you have any reosurces that can explain how to go about that?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Unfortunately I do not. Sorry 

v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@Anonymous,

Based on the article, you need to use OAuth credential to access the Google My business API. I would recommend you get OAuth credential first, then use Power Query to connect to the API following the guide in the blog below.

https://chris.koester.io/index.php/2015/07/16/get-data-from-twitter-api-with-power-query/

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors