Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

AlexTandem
Frequent Visitor

Google Bigquerry error

Hello!

Suddenly all of my power bi reports connected to google bigquerry stoped working.

When I open reports in PBI desktop and try to log in to bigquerry using Google account it shows an error tha says:

"entrance to google account temporary blocked for this app.

you cannot log in the app using this google account as it hasn't been verified yet"

how can this be solved?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

@AlexTandem,

This issue has  been fixed, please check it on your side.

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

@AlexTandem,

The problem is that Google Bigquery doesn't give appropriate permission authentication for Power BI Desktop.

Regards,
Lydia

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@AlexTandem,

At the bottom of the error message, there should be an Advanced button (you might need to drilldown), then choose Allow. You can take a look at Give permission anyway section in this article: https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/7455163?authuser=1&p=app_notverified&authuser=1&visit_id=....

Regards,
Lydia

I know what you mean but this is different as there're no any buttons or links at all.

screenshow below (it's Russian) - as you see there's no way to allow access...

1.png

@AlexTandem,

How about you open a new empty Power BI Desktop file , delete permissions for BigQuery and re-connect to the data source?

Regards,

Lydia

did it and still the same)

@AlexTandem,

I have reported this issue internally and I will post back once I get any updates.

Regards,
Lydia

will be waiting!

thank you!

@AlexTandem,

This issue has  been fixed, please check it on your side.

Regards,
Lydia

yep, it works now, thank you!

what was the problem?

@AlexTandem,

The problem is that Google Bigquery doesn't give appropriate permission authentication for Power BI Desktop.

Regards,
Lydia

This explains why even after the error was fixed, i had to get GBQ token a dozen times before it started working...

AlexTandem
Frequent Visitor

Hello!

Suddenly all of my power bi reports connected to google bigquerry stoped working.

When I open reports in PBI desktop and try to log in to bigquerry using Google account it shows an error tha says:

"entrance to google account temporary blocked for this app.

you cannot log in the app using this google account as it hasn't been verified yet"

how can this be solved?

Hello @AlexTandem,

this seems to be an issue caused by your Google account.

As the error message says: "... this google account as it hasn't been verified yet"

Please make sure that your Google account is in a good shape. Maybe someone tried using the password to often and the account has been blocked or by some other reasons, i don't know what exactly makes an Google account verified.

You may want to contact Google support.

Please also check whether you are using the newest version of Power BI.

Greetings,

Berat

i'll check it, thank you.

however it seems to me that google blocked power bi somehow...

p.s. i've downloaded the latest version of bi (twice) - didn't help)

I'm not an expert in this field but if you are living in Europe it could be caused by the new european data protection regulation. Maybe google needs to update something to fulfith the new regulations. 

Who knows 🙂 but i would suggest to contact Google support for more detailed information.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors