Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

OlegVorobiov

Google Analytics custom segments and custom reports

Hello fellow Power Bi community,

Do you know if it;s possible to pull custom segment and custom report data from GA into Power BI? I don't see anything like it when I'm building my GA-based queries.

Am I missing omething, or the functionality is just not there yet?

Thank you,

Oleg.

14 REPLIES 14
bhooves

Any update on this? Would be awesome to be able to add custom segments. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

You can vote for custom segments to be added to the Google Analytics data connector here

Anonymous
Not applicable

the link you provided takes to a 

Page Not Found

woutertom
Regular Visitor

I would like to get the answer to this question as well!

woutertom
Regular Visitor

I am also looking to the answer of this problem.

Is it possible to import custom build dimensions from Google Analytics to Power BI? 

Cheers! 

scotaft
Regular Visitor

I'd also like to know if it's possible to bring in Custom Reports from GA into Power BI. 

Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

Not sure what you are asking for, you don't see any of that in the GA Content Pack or from the Desktop when you use Google Analytics from the Desktop?

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
Mastering Power BI 2nd Edition

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

Exactly. I don't see GA custom segments and reports in the available metrics and dimensions when I'm building my queries for the GA Content Pack.

I want to use some of them for calculated columns, so I'm looking for a way to pull them into Power BI Desktop. 

I think the original question is focused on "custom segments" which I don't see available in power bi GA connector either. 

In Tableau you are able to select custom segments created in your GA account through their GA connector, but I can't find the option in Power BI.

Has there been anyupdate on this? I am trying to filter my GA data via segments and can't seem to do so.

Hello, my question is the same. Is that possible import custom segments (advanced segments) directly to Power BI?

Hello, my question is the same. Is that possible to import custom segments (advanced segments) directly to Power BI?

Thanks!

You should see in the newest versions of the Power BI Desktop that there's a connector for GA. That should let you get connected to GA and create calculations etc. as you asked.

Thanks!

Can I have the custom dimension from GA when I get the data using the power BI app? 

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors