cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Josh

Google Analytics - No events, conversions or goals?

Hi,

I've connected a google analytics account but can't find the goals, events or conversion data or fields under datasets. Are those not available? Or can I choose what to import from GA somewhere? 

Also, can I import several google analytics accounts and then create a report, dashboard or dataset for the accumulated data of all google analytics accounts together?

Thank you very much.

2 REPLIES 2
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Josh,

The Google Analytics content pack and the connector in Power BI Desktop rely on the Google Analytics Core Reporting API. You can go through this article, the Goal Conversions and Event Tracking data are available in API. You can use Google Analytics data source in Power BI desktop, choose desired dimensions and measures to be imported. 

q6.PNG

Please note we can only get dimensions and measures from the same account one time. If we want to get data from different accounts, we need to create separate query to get data from each account, then use Merge/Append Queries to combine these two tables. See my post in this same thread: Combine multiple accounts GA with advanced editor in one query .

Best Regards,
QiuyunYu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Josh

Hi,

I've connected a google analytics account but can't find the goals, events or conversion data or fields under datasets. Are those not available? Or can I choose what to import from GA somewhere? 

Also, can I import several google analytics accounts and then create a report, dashboard or dataset for the accumulated data of all google analytics accounts together?

Thank you very much.

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

November Power BI Update 768x460.png

Check it Out!

Click here to read more about the November 2021 Updates!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Kudoed Authors