Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Richlander

Google Analytics Connector Data Error

Hello,

My team and I created a wonderful Power BI report that brings together Google Analytics and CRM data. We discovered today, however, that our Unique Pageviews field is not accurate compared to Unique Pageviews on GA. My team is devastated.

We want to show the following fields: Unique Pageviews, Avg. Time on Page, Exit % (and if possible Bounce Rate)

with the dimensions Page and Date,

so we can create graphs of a Page's Unique Pageviews over Time, etc.

We pulled all this information into one table. We realized today, however, that having Bounce Rate in there corrupts the Unique Pageviews data. We took bounce rate out. Now it won't load at all, saying there's an internal error - DataSource.Error.

We're really confused. How does one normally get a simple graph of a Page's Unique Pageviews over Time with Google Analytics data on Power BI?

Help reward my team for their hard work!!! Thank you so much for reading.

Rich

2 REPLIES 2
v-alq-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @Richlander 

The Google Analytics content pack and the connector in Power BI Desktop rely on the Google Analytics Core Reporting API. The API may change in a way that affects the results of the queries we generate. In some cases, certain queries may no longer be supported. Due to this dependency we cannot guarantee the results of the queries when using this connector.

For further information, you may refer to the following links.

Use the Google Analytics connector for Power BI Desktop 

Visualize Google Analytics Data via Microsoft Power BI 

Best Regards

Allan

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

artemus
Employee
Employee

Sounds like it might be a problem with the table relationships, Power Bi might have automatically connected different tables together in an incorrect way based on the sample data it had. I would start by verfiying the relationships in the model are correct, then start by removing them and see if it at least loads. Then manually put them back. The relationships can be edited by clicking the last tab on the left bar in the visual editor.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors