Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

cnpdx
Helper II
Helper II

Ghost records showing up in Power BI

Hello,

I have an integration between Power BI and QuickBooks Enterprise, using the QQUBE tool as a connector. It has worked fine for a long time, and I have developed a very mature model for a company. Recently, ghost records have shown up in the Power BI model that don't actually exist in QuickBooks. Any ideas? Here is some background:

A batch of invoices was entered into QB, and then subsequently deleted. Those records do not affect financials in QB, and literally, do not exist using any search parameters, but when I refresh my Power BI model, the records show up. The (ghost)dollar amount is so large that the model is basically unpresentable at this point. Here are some steps I have taken to try to fix, to no avail:

1) I have gone back to an older iteration (many different ones, from many different months) of the .PBIX file, and refreshed data from there, the same thing happens.

2) Within QB, I have used utilities such as "verify data", "rebuild data", "sort lists", and round tripped to a portable file. Nothing has fixed the problem. 

If you have any ideas on a solution, it would be greatly appreciated!

2 REPLIES 2
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @cnpdx,

It seems that you utilize the QQube to import QuickBooks data to Power BI desktop. Currently Power BI desktop has a QuickBooks online connector which is beta, you can try this connector. Also please remember to update the Power BI desktop to the latest version 2.45.4704.722.

q1.PNG

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
djnww
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

This sounds like a QuickBook problem rather than PowerBi. QuickBooks obviously still keeps those ghost records. I am assuming for audit purposes.

Hence, you'd hope there should be a 'delete' flag of some sort for you to exclude them upon import. I'd probably raise the matter with Quickbooks.

Dan

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors