Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

BlueNote
Frequent Visitor

Getting similarly named tables from PDF files using folder connector

I need to combine multiple similarly structured PDF file tables into one data set. Normally I would just use the Folder connector option from get data however I am having a problem.

The PDF table ID changes from file to file and the auto generated M Code hard codes the table ID as part of it's routine so that it looks for the same table ID in every single file:

BlueNote_0-1600448312502.png

BlueNote_1-1600448364277.png

BlueNote_2-1600448434946.png

I am thinking that my M coding skills are just too weak and there must be a solution using some sort of custom M Code for this. I am grateful for any help.

The source files are provided to my company from a consultant and they won't give us the backup data so I'd like to use PowerQuery's PDF connector to combine each quarterly file so we can get multiple period reporting and make our own custom reports etc. The data is very confidential so I can't provide the files and I can't make an example file because I don't have the original backup files to generate the PDF.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

here

could find the tools that solve your problem.

try to adapt

Table.SelectRows(  source,  each Text.Contains([Name], "(Pag 16-19)")[Data]

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

here

could find the tools that solve your problem.

try to adapt

Table.SelectRows(  source,  each Text.Contains([Name], "(Pag 16-19)")[Data]

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors