Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

emillanes
Frequent Visitor

Getting "Each original name must belong to the set of all names"

After adding some Custom Columns to the querys of 25 tables, I get the error "Each original name must belong to the set of all names"

This is the stack trace from Power Query: https://1drv.ms/t/s!AozuErIacxzbhGAeY0O7DEv4vC9P?e=0X9VOX

Anyone know how to solve it?

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
bluedatenbrian
Advocate II
Advocate II

Reenabled a table, that I had disabled and changed it's name, and the issue gone away.

I've solved this by reverting some steps on my modifications.

I've realized that the problem was happening on the moment that the model connection was being validated.

First I've tried disabling all relationships for the tables that I modified but does not changed the problem.

One of the modifications that I made was that a I had changed the name of one of my tables and disabled it. I just enabled it again, keeping it's new name, applied, and the problem is gone. Finally I disabled it again and it was ok now.

I hope this help any other having this problem.

View solution in original post

21 REPLIES 21
edhans
Super User
Super User

This is not a official MS support channel and few if any here could read a stack trace to debug your issue. You will need to provide more data, or open a support ticket with Microsoft via the support page. They can read the stack trace.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
Did my answers help arrive at a solution? Give it a kudos by clicking the Thumbs Up!

DAX is for Analysis. Power Query is for Data Modeling

Proud to be a Super User!

MCSA: BI Reporting

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors