Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

albran
Frequent Visitor

Getting millions of rows from Salesforce Objects

I'm trying to use the Salesforce Objects connector to see all of my sales by product in Power BI Desktop.  I have narrowed the very wide orders table down to just a few columns but I need over 30 million rows and it seems like that won't work, i.e. it never finishes importing the data when I click Apply in the Power Query editor.  Will it just not work and I do have to do the aggregations in a Salesforce report or in the Advanced Query Editor?  I don't need to display the details but I do need to let the end user select a product and see total sales.

2 REPLIES 2
v-piga-msft
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @albran ,

Firstly, you could refer to this similar thread which may be helpful.

In addition, for your scenario, you may could create the query parameter for the product so that your user could select the parameter to show the specific data.

More details about query parameter, please refer to this blogs below.

https://www.biinsight.com/power-bi-desktop-query-parameters-part-1/

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/deep-dive-into-query-parameters-and-power-bi-templates/

Best  Regards,

Cherry

Community Support Team _ Cherry Gao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thanks but the forum post is unrelated so not useful.  And using parameters doesn't help either since there are millions of rows for one of my products.  It seems like I either need to put all the data into a warehouse and query it from there, or do an import in Power BI if I can make the dataset small enough.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors