Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Getting Data from ODBC using SQL statement

I'm receiving this error when I try to use a SQL statement to parse the data by date. (Using ODBC connection)

ODBC Error 3.PNG

Here's my current SQL Statement: 

SELECT fv_v_allocated_time_view_all_modules_lem_filtered.timesheet_fmt_dt, fv_v_allocated_time_view_all_modules_lem_filtered.last_name, fv_v_allocated_time_view_all_modules_lem_filtered.first_name, fv_v_allocated_time_view_all_modules_lem_filtered.skill_type, fv_v_allocated_time_view_all_modules_lem_filtered.rate_1_rate, fv_v_allocated_time_view_all_modules_lem_filtered.project_id, fv_v_allocated_time_view_all_modules_lem_filtered.work_unit_id, fv_v_allocated_time_view_all_modules_lem_filtered.company_code,fv_v_allocated_time_view_all_modules_lem_filtered.employee_or_equipment_id, fv_v_allocated_time_view_all_modules_lem_filtered.equipment_ind, fv_v_allocated_time_view_all_modules_lem_filtered.rate_1_hours, fv_v_allocated_time_view_all_modules_lem_filtered.company_name, fv_v_allocated_time_view_all_modules_lem_filtered.net_billable_time, fv_v_allocated_time_view_all_modules_lem_filtered.last_modified_by, fv_v_allocated_time_view_all_modules_lem_filtered.extra_charges
FROM vdb_track.fv_v_allocated_time_view_all_modules_lem_filtered
WHERE timesheet_fmt_dt > '12/31/2017'

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

The table or view name was too long, so I tried to give it an alias like below:

SELECT v.timesheet_fmt_dt

FROM vdb_fv_v_allocated_time_view_all_modules_lem_filtered v

WHERE v.timesheet_fmt_dt > '12/31/2017'

This worked for me.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
dax
Community Support
Community Support

Hi JakeRyan11,

You said when you use SQL, it will cause this problem, if you write "select *  from table", will this work ? Or if you don't write sql query, will this work? In addition, I am not sure whether this is caused by sql query or other  factors. And whicy type file you are using in ODBC? And you also could check which step will cause error in Edit Queries.

Best Regards,
Zoe Zhi

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

The table or view name was too long, so I tried to give it an alias like below:

SELECT v.timesheet_fmt_dt

FROM vdb_fv_v_allocated_time_view_all_modules_lem_filtered v

WHERE v.timesheet_fmt_dt > '12/31/2017'

This worked for me.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks dax, 

The ODBC is connecting to our data lake through Denodo. 

I've added "SELECT * FROM TABLE" but now receive this error: 

ODBC Error 5.PNG

If I do not type in the word "TABLE", then it runs this error: 

ODBC Error 6.PNG

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors