Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

RJ
Resolver II
Resolver II

Get data from another power BI Table / File

Hi

Load data from another power BI table / File

Can this be done. And if so how

(Or is it possible to save a table in a fast upload mode).

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
ALeef
Advocate III
Advocate III

I haven't found a way to copy tables yet.  Right Click > Copy Table makes a dupicate of the data in the table, but not the definitions.

I'd be interested in this as well.  I suppose you could write a long CALCULATETABLE with ADDCOLUMNs everywhere and formulas - but that seems onerous.

Wonder if you can connect and pull data from multiple datasets - kind of make different data marts from one source "Cube"?

ALeef

Yeah I can't see how its done

This would be useful for incremental loading. So one Power BI App file  would be set up to incremental load say tables from an ERP system. And then the other App files would access this one App File

I might make a suggested how to improve at some point.

Anyone did this? I would be nice to centralize translation within one pbix. Instead of have the same logic in several pbix files. This is not very maintanable.

Or is it perhaps possible to save the table after the transactions into a seperate file? and load this file in another pbix?

WillT
Community Admin
Community Admin

I suggested this on another thread: you could use Power Query to do the transformations centrally and load the data into the Excel worksheet. Then your PBIX files can load the data from there to do the modelling/reporting you need.

Thanks

Will

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors