I would like to accomplish the following scenario:
1. Creating a dataset dynamically using a Power BI Service (this step is done without any problem)
2. Pushing data to the specific dataset via REST API service and showing Live Dashboard (this step is working wery well)
3. Using the Power BI Desktop to make some changes in the dataset
4. Publishing updated dataset back to the Azure Power BI without change its guid.
5. Continue pushing data to the updated dataset via Power BI Service using teh same dataset id.
My problem has been started in the step 3, when I am trying to get the dataset into the Power BI Desktop.
I am using the following Web Connect:
As you can see in the above screen snippet, the call to this endpoint can not be authenticated.
My question is, is this a bug or do I need to use another way to get the Power BI dataset?
In addition, what about steps 4 and 5, are the valid to accomplish my scenario?
Thanks in advance
Hi Roman - unfortunately there isn't way to edit the model after it's being created via the API today. However there have been similar suggestions, please review them at https://support.powerbi.com and vote for your preference!
Join us for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.
We spoke with Power BI Super User, Greg Deckler, about his charity work
Continue your learning in our online communities.