Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

RomanKiss
Frequent Visitor

Get Dataset from Power BI Service

Hi,

I would like to accomplish the following scenario:

1. Creating a dataset dynamically using a Power BI Service (this step is done without any problem)

2. Pushing data to the specific dataset via REST API service and showing Live Dashboard  (this step is working wery well)

3. Using the Power BI Desktop to make some changes in the dataset

4. Publishing updated dataset back to the Azure Power BI without change its guid. 

5. Continue pushing data to the updated dataset via Power BI Service using teh same dataset id.

My problem has been started in the step 3, when I am trying to get the dataset into the Power BI Desktop.

I am using the following Web Connect:

PowerBI_1.PNG

As you can see in the above screen snippet, the call to this endpoint can not be authenticated.

My question is, is this a bug or do I need to use another way to get the Power BI dataset?

In addition, what about steps 4 and 5, are the valid to accomplish my scenario?

Thanks in advance

Roman

1 REPLY 1
TPalmer
Employee
Employee

Hi Roman - unfortunately there isn't way to edit the model after it's being created via the API today. However there have been similar suggestions, please review them at https://support.powerbi.com and vote for your preference!

https://support.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi/suggestions/8533363-power-bi-designer-connection-...

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors