cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
McCloud Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Get Data from Web not getting all data

Hi all,

I'm currently pulling a published ServiceNow report into Power BI. The report contains 107 records, of which Power BI only pulls in 72. The report that's published contains all 107 records, and using the same feature on Excel also pulls in 72. Is there any reason why it pulls in less records? I've got no idea why it's doing it. I've also copied and pasted the data into an Excel table and shows the correct amount of records. Though it does appear to show new records from the report, it's just missing 35 for some reason.

Can anyone advise?

Thanks,

Tom

3 REPLIES 3
Moderator v-yuezhe-msft

Re: Get Data from Web not getting all data

@McCloud,

Could you please check if there are some difference between the existing records and missing records on ServiceNow side?

Also what is the result if you connect to attached ServiceNow PBIT file in Power BI Desktop?

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
McCloud Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Hi Lydia,

I can see that there are some different records that are missing.

For example 71 of the records have the exact same description field, whils the 35 differing records have different descriptions. This is the only trend that I can identify.

Thanks,

Tom

Highlighted
Moderator v-yuezhe-msft

@McCloud,

What is the result when you connect to PBIT?

Reagrds,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Can You Solve These Challenge

Challenge: Can You Solve These?

Find out how to participate in the first Power BI 'Can You Solve These?' challenge.

Community News & Announcements

Community News & Announcements

Get your latest community news and announcements.

Virtual Launch Event

Microsoft Business Applications October Virtual Launch Event

Join us for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

Community Kudopalooza

Win Power BI Swag with Community Kudopalooza!

Each week, complete activities and be qualified in the drawing for cool Power BI Swag.

Users Online
Currently online: 112 members 1,497 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: