cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BI New Member

Get Data from Web API using HTTP Header

Hi,

I'm querying website WS.com (name anonymized) by sending an HTTP message with an additional header which contains the API key.

I'm using the Power BI formula

Web.Contents("https://WS.com/webapi/", [Headers=[#"API-Key"="asdf123"], Query = [#"v"="1.1", #"from"="0"]]) for this.

In Power BI Desktop I receive all my data without any complains. But when I upload the data model to powerbi.com and try to refresh the dataset there, Power BI complains that my login information is wrong.

Updatefehler.png

2 REPLIES 2
aldodfm Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Re: Get Data from Web API using HTTP Header

Hello,

Indeed, i'm having the same issue, i don't know why.

Please, microsoft power bi team, could you fix this issue? Power Bi service make sense if we can schedule the refresh of this kind of webservice.

@BI did you find any solution for this?

hammerblue Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Re: Get Data from Web API using HTTP Header

Hello, I'm having a different issue, but related I think. I'm using the same code as OP but I get the error "The '(header)' header is only supported when connecting anonymously". Removing the header containing the token returns another error that the GET method is not supported. I have no idea what I'm doing wrong, very new to API's. I can query a new token from the API in question through PBI, as well use the mock server they have. But can't connect using my own token

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Topics Started Badges Coming

New Topics Started Badges Coming

We're releasing new versions of the badge that everyone's talking about. ;) Check your inbox for notifications.

MBAS 2020

Save the new date (and location)!

Our business applications community is growing—so we needed a different venue, resulting in a new date and location. See you there!

Difinity Conference

Difinity Conference

The largest Power BI, Power Platform, and Data conference in New Zealand

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)