Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

BI

Get Data from Web API using HTTP Header

Hi,

I'm querying website WS.com (name anonymized) by sending an HTTP message with an additional header which contains the API key.

I'm using the Power BI formula

Web.Contents("https://WS.com/webapi/", [Headers=[#"API-Key"="asdf123"], Query = [#"v"="1.1", #"from"="0"]]) for this.

In Power BI Desktop I receive all my data without any complains. But when I upload the data model to powerbi.com and try to refresh the dataset there, Power BI complains that my login information is wrong.

Updatefehler.png

2 REPLIES 2
hammerblue
Helper I
Helper I

Hello, I'm having a different issue, but related I think. I'm using the same code as OP but I get the error "The '(header)' header is only supported when connecting anonymously". Removing the header containing the token returns another error that the GET method is not supported. I have no idea what I'm doing wrong, very new to API's. I can query a new token from the API in question through PBI, as well use the mock server they have. But can't connect using my own token

aldodfm
Frequent Visitor

Hello,

Indeed, i'm having the same issue, i don't know why.

Please, microsoft power bi team, could you fix this issue? Power Bi service make sense if we can schedule the refresh of this kind of webservice.

@BI did you find any solution for this?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors