cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wonga Established Member
Established Member

Gateways for Azure and Power BI

Has anyone tried installing both the Data Management Gateway (for Azure services like Azure Data Factory) and Power BI Enterprise Gateway on the same machine and have both working at the same time?

I tried doing that and one of my data sources (specifically Oracle) stopped working on the Enterprise Gateway with the usual "Cannot connect to the mashup data source".

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Power BI Team dimazaid
Power BI Team

Re: Gateways for Azure and Power BI

We followed up offline with @wonga and it seems to be working now on the same machine.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Super User
Super User

I know that there used to be a stipulation that you could not install the Power BI Personal/Enterprise Gateway on the same machine as the predecessor Power BI for Office 365 Data Management Gateway. So, would be curious if the Azure Data Management Gateway is based upon the same code base and thus incompatible with new Personal/Enterprise gateways...

I have book! Learn Power BI from Packt

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Datanaut!

Highlighted
Power BI Team dimazaid
Power BI Team

We followed up offline with @wonga and it seems to be working now on the same machine.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
Can You Solve These Challenge

Challenge: Can You Solve These?

Find out how to participate in the first Power BI 'Can You Solve These?' challenge.

Community News & Announcements

Community News & Announcements

Get your latest community news and announcements.

Virtual Launch Event

Microsoft Business Applications October Virtual Launch Event

Join us for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

Community Kudopalooza

Win Power BI Swag with Community Kudopalooza!

Each week, complete activities and be qualified in the drawing for cool Power BI Swag.

Users Online
Currently online: 6 members 1,198 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: