cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jason435
Helper II
Helper II

Gateway extenionDataSourceKind Power BI error

When I upload a report I receive the following error when selecting my gateway in the dataset settings:

Extension("extensionDataSourceKind":"PowerBI","extensionDataSourcePath":"PowerBI")

Cannot be added to gateway

My report has 2 datasource. An ODBC connection to a postgreysql database and a connection to a new Dataflow. I get a green checkmark for the ODBC connection through the gateway but not for my second connection.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
jason435
Helper II
Helper II

Too troubleshoot, I turned off all the 'include in report refresh" in power query for the tables connected to a dataflows. Uploaded and to and check to see if refresh worked. It did. Then I turned them all back on, and everything worked. No idea...

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
jesus21282
Frequent Visitor

Still having this problem. In Desktop, disabling the dataflow-dependent queries from "Include in report refresh" won't work either. The option "Allow user's cloud data sources to refresh through this gateway cluster. These cloud data sources do not need to be configured under this gateway cluster." is also enabled and it won't work either.

Does anybody have a solution for this yet? I have tried reaching out to MS Support but so far they still can't find the issue.

otravers
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

I'm necro-posting here because this thread still ranks high in search engines. If you run into this, you need to enable "Allow user's cloud data sources to refresh through this gateway cluster" in your gateway cluster settings as per:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/connect-data/service-gateway-mashup-on-premises-cloud

não deu certo, ainda continuo com o problema, no meu caso estou mesclando fluxo de dados com importação direta do banco de dados e meu gateway está ativo

Erro de fonte de dados: {"error":{"code":"DM_GWPipeline_Gateway_MashupDataAccessError","pbi.error":{"code":"DM_GWPipeline_Gateway_MashupDataAccessError","parameters":{},"details":[],"exceptionCulprit":1}}}
Cluster URI: WABI-BRAZIL-SOUTH-redirect.analysis.windows.net
ID da atividade: a8ac2674-8116-4b36-8598-58fbc8410422
Solicitar ID: 3c838076-8bd5-dbf5-a964-b85c7e657a0d
Hora: 2021-03-15 12:06:23Z

I've the same problem yet

jason435
Helper II
Helper II

Too troubleshoot, I turned off all the 'include in report refresh" in power query for the tables connected to a dataflows. Uploaded and to and check to see if refresh worked. It did. Then I turned them all back on, and everything worked. No idea...

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

November Power BI Update 768x460.png

Check it Out!

Click here to read more about the November 2021 Updates!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Kudoed Authors