Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

jmiridium
Helper IV
Helper IV

Gateway Failure

Getting this whenever I start the personal gateway:

The remote server returned an error: (400) Bad Request.
 Request ID: 04cd5c39-969c-4bca-b6a1-4e2c7395911d
 UTC Timestamp: 9/6/2017 19:39:25
 Cluster: wabi-west-us-redirect.analysis.windows.net

6 REPLIES 6
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @jmiridium,

Do you encounter the issue with personal gateway new version On-premises data gateway (personal mode) or old version Power BI Gateway - Personal? The old version is retired and stop working after July 31, 2017. Please try to update the personal gateway to the latest version then start again. For more information, see: Power BI Gateway - Personal

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Both gateways are on the latest version. Still having failures

@jmiridium Is there anything of interest in the log files?

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

Tried uploading a screenshot. Can't upload. Upload feature down. The gist of it is there are no logs available

@jmiridium Maybe give Fiddler a shot and see what is being sent?

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

@jmiridium Take a look at the troubleshooting guide, I'm pretty sure all the same requirements are for both gateways. If nothing else, use the log file locations found at the bottom to look at the log files to determine if you can find a more specific error message.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors