Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

elmasteen

GETTING REPORTS WITH DATA (HYPERLINKS) FROM WEBPORTAL USING LOGIN AND PASSWORD

Hi

We are a Ticket Broker Company and I'm working with a lot of payments from Vendors.  Every Vendor has it's own web portal and therefore I need to login with username and password.  All reports/payouts are showing on the dashboard, but the info I need is when there's a name/hyperlink that I need to click to get the data of what the payment consist of.  Now I need to click on every "hyperlink" and copy and paste into EXCEL.

Is there a way to do that through PQ, Power BI?  I tried many ways but always come up with a 500 Error or when adding my login and password when getting data and choose the option of anonymous.  If I do use any of the other options it shows Credentials incorrect.

2 REPLIES 2
v-kkf-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @elmasteen ,

What data source are you using? Is the web connector using HTTP 1.0 for communication?

Troubleshooting the Web connector 

Best Regards,
Winniz

Hi, Thanks for the reply.  I think I’ll send you what I meant to explain better.

So, for me to be able to get a report of what a vendor paid us (Remittances) then I login to the data portal, in this case:

https://inv.viagogo.com/secure/loginregister/login?ReturnUrl=%2fReports

elmasteen_0-1659965580810.png

I need to click on Log In and then it takes me to this page.

elmasteen_1-1659965580812.png

After I did that, this is my dashboard:

elmasteen_2-1659965580814.png

The I click on Reports and it takes me to this page that’s a summary of all payments:

elmasteen_3-1659965580817.png

The Data that I need to download is in the “Details” furthest right: (In this case I chose PAYMENT ID 50600098 TO SPECIFY WHAT I’M TRYING TO ACHIEVE)

elmasteen_4-1659965580820.png

And here’s finally the data I need to get into POWER QUERY to transform.

My columns should then look like this:

PAYMENT ID

PMT DATE

TOTAL AMT PAID

EVENT NAME

VENUE

EVENT DATE

ORDER ID

ORDER AMT

08/01/2022

RED HOT CHILLI PEPPERS

EMPOWER FIELD AT MILE HIGH

07/24/2022

This Vendor’s date format ►dd/mm/yyyy so I still need to create a column from example to convert that to US date format mm/dd/yyyy

I urgently need help on this.  If I cannot do this my only option is to get some web scraping software or do the extended hours of downloading each and every detail and exporting to excel.

Thanks for the help on this

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors