Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Polina
Frequent Visitor

GEOjason without losing the name (key field) to Power BI?

Hello,

Could you please help me to understand how to export from mapshaper into GEOjason without losing the name (key field) to the polygon and then import to Power BI?

I managed to load OSGB_Grid_1km into mapshaper including the grid name field but when exporting in GEOjson it loses the grid reference numbers (e.g. NG6612). When loading it into powerBI I then have no key fields available to map to my CVS. (see my screenshots below)

Where can i find a OSGB Grid 1km GEOJason shape file (with OSGB_Grid_1km key fields) which I could use in order to reference and then visualise my CVS file?

Unfortunately I am not a GEOJason expert and rely on mapshaper’s export. Any pointers would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks 

Polina

01.JPG02.JPG03.JPG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Polina,

As the issue occurs when convert GeoJSON maps into the TopoJSON format use map shaper tool, I would suggest you contact map shaper engineer for help: https://www.npmjs.com/support.

In addition, there is a collection of the TopoJSON map files you can check if one sample suit for you: TopoJSON Map Files for Power BI Shape Map.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Polina,

As the issue occurs when convert GeoJSON maps into the TopoJSON format use map shaper tool, I would suggest you contact map shaper engineer for help: https://www.npmjs.com/support.

In addition, there is a collection of the TopoJSON map files you can check if one sample suit for you: TopoJSON Map Files for Power BI Shape Map.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors