Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

S_M
Helper III
Helper III

GA API loading partial data

Hi everyone, 

I have started facing a problem with the session level data being pulled in from GA - i pull in multiple metrics such as sessions / bounce rate / new users along with dimensions such as date / source / medium / country / campaign / browser & device category. 

However, as of yesterday, i notice that only partial data is being pulled in - while we are not GA premium users, our data set is not large enough for it to be sampled. Furthermore, if i pull in a sheet with only date / source / medium, the total sessions being pulled tallies with our GA, however, as soon as i add country, this messes up the metric. 

Would anyone have an idea why this would happen and how this can be resolved ? 

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @S_M,

The connector in Power BI Desktop to connect to Google Analytics rely on the Google Analytics Core Reporting API. The API may change in a way that affects the results of the queries we generate. You can see: Third-party service: Google Analytics connector for Power BI Desktop.

In your scenario, please try to use the latest Power BI desktop version. Besides, as the issue is more related to data which is exported from Google Analytics. According to this article, this should be a better place for you mainly discussing questions related to google-analytics-api. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @S_M,

The connector in Power BI Desktop to connect to Google Analytics rely on the Google Analytics Core Reporting API. The API may change in a way that affects the results of the queries we generate. You can see: Third-party service: Google Analytics connector for Power BI Desktop.

In your scenario, please try to use the latest Power BI desktop version. Besides, as the issue is more related to data which is exported from Google Analytics. According to this article, this should be a better place for you mainly discussing questions related to google-analytics-api. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thanks, updating to the new version did resolve the problem for the most part. Unfortunately, there are still a few hourly refreshes that feed in partial data, but i will take it up from here 🙂 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors