Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

S_M
Helper III
Helper III

GA API issues for transactions

For the past couple of days, i am facing a pretty odd issue - when pulling in GA transactions (transaction id) alongwith source/medium and a metric, it only pulls in partial data. Example, if i have 100 transactions on a given day, and i pull in a table with 'transactions' as metric, i get the following : 

Transaction ID     Source/Medium    Transactions

AB123                   google / cpc           2

BC345                   google / cpc           2

CD567                   (direct) / none        2

This list goes on to give me 50 unique transaction id's, however the sum of transactions is 100. 

Meanwhile, if i pull in a similar list with transaction id as dimension and revenue as metric, i get the entire list of distinct 100 transaction id's, but as soon as i add source/medium as dimension (or even source - medium separately as 2 dimensions), this list goes back down to 50 transactions only. 

Has anyone been facing similar issues and would you know how this can be resolved ?

Thanks! 

4 REPLIES 4
Camilla
Regular Visitor

Did you ever find a solution to this? I am facing the exact same issue. 

v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @S_M

In Power BI Desktop, the Google Analytics connector relies on Google Analytics Core Reporting API. I am not sure that how Google Analytics Core Reporting API combines data of different dimensions and metrics. I would recommend you contact Google Analytics support to check the relation in Transaction ID, source/medium dimensions and Transactions.

Thanks,
Lydia Zhang

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thanks @v-yuezhe-msft

Would you happen to know which version of the GA Core Reporting API is used ? I ask because i did not have an issue with the GA connector until we were free GA users, however, our firm just switched out to GA Premium and we have been facing these issues since 

Hi @S_M,

I am not sure which version of GA core Reporting API is used. I would recommend you contact GA support that if the API returns different data based on license.

Thanks,
Lydia Zhang

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors