Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Zalexatwork
Frequent Visitor

Filtered measures through slicer

Hello again,

I have a set of data that gives me one reservation slot on a specific date and its status (reserved/ not reserved) for every row.
One day features multiples reservation slots.

My slicer uses a table that only has one row per date, linked to all the other table's dates.

I am trying to use the Gauge graph to show me the reserved % during a specific time period ( with a slicer that filters the whole report, for everyone to use).
My measure is the sum of reserved slots on the overall slots (converted in binary with reserved = 1 and not reserved = 0).
My results as of yet are unconclusive: my mesure does ot seem to be affected by the date change of the slicer.

While searching for an answer I have only found more questions :

- I have seen comments of slicers beeing coded directly on a table, instead of using the visual slicer tool available, is there a specific advantage of doing so ?
https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Average-based-on-date-slicer-from-DImtime-table/m-p/746948
- If my slicer is already created, how do I access the slicers name in code in order to implement something like the code of the exemple above ? (i.e is there a 'developpers window' à la visual basic in excel to see how all my graphs are actually coded?).
- Does that make it possible to create a slicer on a slicer ? i.e if i wanted my report to show the last two weeks, but some graphs only to show the last week, could I have just the one slicer, manually set to a certain period of time, and another that would automatically set itself to the last week of the previous slicer?

Any answer (or even just a link to related tutorial) would be greatly appreciated!

3 REPLIES 3
v-stephen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Zalexatwork ,

Can you provide some sample data and corresponding expected results?

Best Regards,

Stephen Tao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hello,

I believe the issue in the end was with my formula and not the slicer as on another graph i have been able to use the slicer on a measure with no issue.
For the last point (slicer on a slicer) I may have a solution wich I will post here if it works, hoping to do that today.

edhans
Super User
Super User

I'd need to see the data model, but a few things:

1. Ensure you have connected the Date[Date] field to the Date field in the fact table in the relationship view.
  2. Ensure the date types are the same. I've been in a hurry and left a date as text, so visually it looked like "12/31/2020" but that is not a date and date calcs and slicers won't work. I would make sure they are both Date format, not date time or anything else.
  3. Ensure the slicer is, in fact, the date table date, not the fact table date.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
Did my answers help arrive at a solution? Give it a kudos by clicking the Thumbs Up!

DAX is for Analysis. Power Query is for Data Modeling

Proud to be a Super User!

MCSA: BI Reporting

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors