cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AtoBI

Filter Whole Number from Decimal Numbers

Dear Precious Community,

I have a column in my Power Query editor some whole numbers and some decimal numbers.

I would like to have two queries, one with the whole numbers only and the other one with the decimal numbers only

So I can duplicate my current query and they applying a filter accordingly, but am not sure to filter only whole numbers or decimal numbers only

any leads...?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
mahoneypat
Super User
Super User

Here's one way to do it in the query editor.  To see how it works, just create a blank query, open the Advanced Editor and replace the text there with the M code below.  This one keeps the decimals but you can use = 0 in the Added custom step to keep the integers.

let
    Source = Table.FromRows(Json.Document(Binary.Decompress(Binary.FromText("i45WclTSUTJUitWJVnICsozALGeQmB5E1AUkqgcUjwUA", BinaryEncoding.Base64), Compression.Deflate)), let _t = ((type nullable text) meta [Serialized.Text = true]) in type table [Column1 = _t, NumberColumnToFilter = _t]),
    #"Changed Type" = Table.TransformColumnTypes(Source,{{"Column1", type text}, {"NumberColumnToFilter", type number}}),
    #"Filtered Rows" = Table.SelectRows(#"Changed Type", each Number.Mod([NumberColumnToFilter],1) > 0)
in
    #"Filtered Rows"

Pat

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Kudos are also appreciated!

To learn more about Power BI, follow me on Twitter or subscribe on YouTube.

@mahoneypa HoosierBI on YouTube

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
AtoBI

@mahoneypat works great, many thanks

mahoneypat
Super User
Super User

Here's one way to do it in the query editor.  To see how it works, just create a blank query, open the Advanced Editor and replace the text there with the M code below.  This one keeps the decimals but you can use = 0 in the Added custom step to keep the integers.

let
    Source = Table.FromRows(Json.Document(Binary.Decompress(Binary.FromText("i45WclTSUTJUitWJVnICsozALGeQmB5E1AUkqgcUjwUA", BinaryEncoding.Base64), Compression.Deflate)), let _t = ((type nullable text) meta [Serialized.Text = true]) in type table [Column1 = _t, NumberColumnToFilter = _t]),
    #"Changed Type" = Table.TransformColumnTypes(Source,{{"Column1", type text}, {"NumberColumnToFilter", type number}}),
    #"Filtered Rows" = Table.SelectRows(#"Changed Type", each Number.Mod([NumberColumnToFilter],1) > 0)
in
    #"Filtered Rows"

Pat

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Kudos are also appreciated!

To learn more about Power BI, follow me on Twitter or subscribe on YouTube.

@mahoneypa HoosierBI on YouTube

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
2022 Release Wave 1 760x460.png

2022 Release Wave 1 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2022 release wave 1 describes all new features releasing from April 2022 through September 2022.

Power BI December 2021 Update_carousel 768x460.jpg

Check it Out!

Click here to read more about the December 2021 Updates!

Jan 2022 Dev Camp 768x460 copy.png

Power BI Dev Camp- January 27th, 2022

Mark your calendars and join us for our next Power BI Dev Camp!

Top Solution Authors