Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

cjohnson2136

Field is Formatted to Time but Date shows in Visualization

I am having problems formatting my time field on the visualization. The field has a data type of Time and Format h:mm tt. If you look at the pictures below you will see how it is formatted under the modeling tab and how it appears in the table. But when you filter you will notice it has the date of 12/30/1899 and that same date shows on my graph. When the data was imported into Power BI from a CSV it was just the time there was no date. I can't figure out how that date is showing or what I can do to get rid of it.

caputre4.PNGCapture2.PNGCapture1.PNGCapture3.PNG 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-frfei-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @cjohnson2136 ,

Or we can create a calculated column like this to work on it.

Column = ""&'Table'[time]

Capture.PNG

Community Support Team _ Frank
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the others find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-frfei-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @cjohnson2136 ,

Or we can create a calculated column like this to work on it.

Column = ""&'Table'[time]

Capture.PNG

Community Support Team _ Frank
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the others find it more quickly.
Nathaniel_C
Super User
Super User

Hi @cjohnson2136 ,

Not sure if this will solve the issue, but I changed a table from date to time, and then looked at a measure that I had written, and it was still date. Unchecked the measure from the visual, and rechecked it. It then worked correctly as a time.

Nathaniel_C

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

That didn't do anything for me

Weird I added the Hour field to the Axis and that madethe Legend change to show just the time

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors