Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

BudMan512
Helper V
Helper V

Fetch Error, Data incongruity with ODBC connection

I am new to Power BI and am having trouble loading company sales data using an ODBC connection.

I have searched for errors and not found any. I have deleted all unnecessary columns but still am not able to load the data without the below error about Data Incongruity.

Any suggestions for resolving this issue would be much appreciated.

thanks

BudMan512_0-1621628459865.png

4 REPLIES 4
negi007
Community Champion
Community Champion

@BudMan512 I understand you are using ODBC DSN to connect data from powerbi. To check if you are able to connect to data source, in your powerquery window go to the first step "Source". Also try connecting to your data using ODBC in excel as well just to check if your DSN is configured correctly. 

negi007_0-1621672440779.png

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
Appreciate your Kudos

Proud to be a Super User!

Follow me on linkedin

Our Admin walked me through reindexing the file and that allowed me to use the data.

Thanks for your help.

Not sure I explained my situation clearly.  I am able to get the sales data into Power Query with no problem and other tables can be used without a hitch.  It is when I try to Apply the data and am sending it to Power BI that I get the error.  I will look at the data in Excel though, to see if I can find an issue.

thanks 

@BudMan512 when you import data into powerbi, it also detect data type of each column and accordingly assign data type to it basis first 100 rows. If for example it assign data type date to a column having date but if that column is also having non-date values then error can encounterd. Try deleting the step "Changed type" where data is being converted in powerbi and see if you are able to get data in powerbi. 

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
Appreciate your Kudos

Proud to be a Super User!

Follow me on linkedin

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors