Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

ceortega
Advocate I
Advocate I

Failed to load data to dashboard for Quickbooks Online? NEED HELP!

I am a company admin for my QuickBooks Online account, and I have all the right credentials. Additionally, I have reached out to Intuit customer support mulitple times for hours.  Then, I have worked with 3 people for Microsoft who tell me it is Intuit's problem and back and forth and back and forth again.

Then, I do all the troubleshooting on Intuit side and stil doesn't help and refer back again to Microsoft to help fix.  I am spinning my wheels really bad at this point and I want to do is connect to our Quickbooks Online informaiton for dashboard and Power BI desktop build.    I need help in getting my Quickbooks data to load and then begin using Power BI Desktop.

Here is the error message I get when I do the following:

1. Sign in using my credentials

2. Authorize the data connection

3. It confirms that my data is now connected

4. Begins to import data with spinning icon top right saying, "Importing Data could take a while"

5. Then, this is where all hell breaks loose. Below is the first error and so begins my heartbreak,

Failed Data Download.JPG

6. I click "No" just because Yes does nothing but say, "Sorry bro I am going home".

7. Then, get the following screen with the technical details.  (This to me is a foreign alien language and this reference will make sense on my concluding paragraph below).  Basically, I have no idea what this means and because of that lack of understanding I smile and say "Ok great". 

Download Error.JPG

8. I dont know what any of this means and this is where all my questions, concerns, help and everying leave planet Earth and go into space where two larger companies can't help me and I sitting here on Earth specifically Indiana with no assitance.  I feel like the robot in the movie Instellar.  Ok back on topic, this is where is where I am stuck.

Overall, I just need help in connecting my data in my Power BI after this happens I can make magic happen but my hands are tied and anyone that can help me i.e. Power BI users, Microsoft, Intuit, Customer Support, Jake from StateFarm, the Allstate Guy or ET.  I just need some help and just looking to blow some minds.  Please and thank you in advance for helping a lone wolf of business intelligence and data analysis help feed a hungry orgainzation and customers with some great food.  

Thanks in advance, 

Chris Ortega aka Young Salsa.  

Christopher E. Ortega, MBA
Manager, FP&A
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

It started working for me again today.  Ill post updates if it breaks again

View solution in original post

19 REPLIES 19
dfww

I've been experiencing the same things/behaviour as mentioned in this post.

I used the browsers debugger and found that there was some Doamin origin errors in the html/js.

So i could look like it's related to cross domain and sandbox mode conflicts.

Being a BETRA i suspect wither party (MS or Intuit) need to flick a switch somewhere?

Hope this helps a bit since i want the insights back again...

So, by doing the steps you identified were you able to get it to work?  If so, could you provide a more detailed view on what you did to fix it.  I  think that would be helpful for everyone on the thread. 

Manager, FP&A

It started working for me again today.  Ill post updates if it breaks again

Congrats I am glad you got it to work.  Keep fighting the fight. I am haven't left the blocks yet still having an issue in loading the data.  

I will try again through Power BI Desktop. 

Manager, FP&A
Jimenda

same issue here

Start with what Andre said, I just have to comment that despite your pain, your post was hilarious. "Jake from State Farm" threw me over the edge I was laughing hard (with you mind you, not at you). 🙂

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

Thanks man just getting two response on this posts has me doing the happy dance.  I am like Batman in the cave and the guys are trying to help him get out of the darkness to do some work on Bane! 

Bane Voice: "Connect via the desktop, then you may analyze."

Manager, FP&A
andre
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

I assume that you are getting this error message when you are trying to connect to quickbooks from the service.  Have you tried connecting to it using Desktop? 

I would try the Desktop to make sure that connectivity overall is not an issue.  YOu should be able to connect and see the quickbooks model.  If that works, then there is something in the data that breaks the reports or the model for the quickbooks contentpack.

Ok so I tried using the desktop and this is now a new error message.

Desktop Error.JPG

After this error, I sign in as different user and use the same credentials and it then brings up the tables but I can't loaded them. 

Manager, FP&A

I am having the same problem. Since I am the Master Admin for QBO, I am not sure how I can not be authorized.

andre
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

do you guys live in US? I think only US access is supported

Yes, I am in the US.  And I have confirmed my Quickbooks version is US version.  

Manager, FP&A

Any resolution on this topic? I am experiencing a similar issue.

Sorry for the late response I got nothing resolved even had a conversation with the Power BI program manager and still being investigated.  

I also try to connect through Power BI Desktop and still get errors regaring my credentials on them being right.  

Manager, FP&A

Here is now the error that I am not encountering when trying to loaded Quickbooks now.  

Before it was loading and timing out.  Now it is saying my credentials are not correct.  However, I can ensure I have not changed my password.   I am losing hope and confidence in my ability to effectively deploy Power BI in my organization to drive change. 

Below is the new error:

Quickbooks.JPG

Manager, FP&A

I'm having the same exact problem.  I was initially able to successfully establish a QBO data connection and everything was working as expected.  Literally overnight, my connection stopped refreshing and i've been getting the invalid credentials error everytime i try to connect.

I am the master admin and already went thru the basic troubleshooting steps.  This has to be a Microsoft issue.

I am still in the exact situation with Quickbooks.  I have been in that situation from the start of the Power BI having the Quickbooks Intergration.   I have talked with Quickbooks customer support and Power BI support and still the issue remains.  

To tell you the amount of time I have exhausted to try to troubleshoot this issue woudl be embrassing but I will continue to push forward to try to drive a resolution. 

Manager, FP&A

I don't have quickbooks, so these are just additional ideas based on reading. 

1) Use Fiddler to see what is being sent back and forth

2) Confirm that you are using a US edition of Quickbooks - this is the only supported version right now.

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

Yes I get this error when trying to refresh the bashboard.  I am going to follow your instructions and if it works.

Then, I could be able to redo the dashboard graphs in the Quickbooks dashboard right?

Manager, FP&A

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors