I am a company admin for my QuickBooks Online account, and I have all the right credentials. Additionally, I have reached out to Intuit customer support mulitple times for hours. Then, I have worked with 3 people for Microsoft who tell me it is Intuit's problem and back and forth and back and forth again.
Then, I do all the troubleshooting on Intuit side and stil doesn't help and refer back again to Microsoft to help fix. I am spinning my wheels really bad at this point and I want to do is connect to our Quickbooks Online informaiton for dashboard and Power BI desktop build. I need help in getting my Quickbooks data to load and then begin using Power BI Desktop.
Here is the error message I get when I do the following:
1. Sign in using my credentials
2. Authorize the data connection
3. It confirms that my data is now connected
4. Begins to import data with spinning icon top right saying, "Importing Data could take a while"
5. Then, this is where all hell breaks loose. Below is the first error and so begins my heartbreak,
6. I click "No" just because Yes does nothing but say, "Sorry bro I am going home".
7. Then, get the following screen with the technical details. (This to me is a foreign alien language and this reference will make sense on my concluding paragraph below). Basically, I have no idea what this means and because of that lack of understanding I smile and say "Ok great".
8. I dont know what any of this means and this is where all my questions, concerns, help and everying leave planet Earth and go into space where two larger companies can't help me and I sitting here on Earth specifically Indiana with no assitance. I feel like the robot in the movie Instellar. Ok back on topic, this is where is where I am stuck.
Overall, I just need help in connecting my data in my Power BI after this happens I can make magic happen but my hands are tied and anyone that can help me i.e. Power BI users, Microsoft, Intuit, Customer Support, Jake from StateFarm, the Allstate Guy or ET. I just need some help and just looking to blow some minds. Please and thank you in advance for helping a lone wolf of business intelligence and data analysis help feed a hungry orgainzation and customers with some great food.
Thanks in advance,
Chris Ortega aka Young Salsa.
Solved! Go to Solution.
I assume that you are getting this error message when you are trying to connect to quickbooks from the service. Have you tried connecting to it using Desktop?
I would try the Desktop to make sure that connectivity overall is not an issue. YOu should be able to connect and see the quickbooks model. If that works, then there is something in the data that breaks the reports or the model for the quickbooks contentpack.
Start with what Andre said, I just have to comment that despite your pain, your post was hilarious. "Jake from State Farm" threw me over the edge I was laughing hard (with you mind you, not at you). 🙂
Yes I get this error when trying to refresh the bashboard. I am going to follow your instructions and if it works.
Then, I could be able to redo the dashboard graphs in the Quickbooks dashboard right?
Thanks man just getting two response on this posts has me doing the happy dance. I am like Batman in the cave and the guys are trying to help him get out of the darkness to do some work on Bane!
Bane Voice: "Connect via the desktop, then you may analyze."
Ok so I tried using the desktop and this is now a new error message.
After this error, I sign in as different user and use the same credentials and it then brings up the tables but I can't loaded them.
I don't have quickbooks, so these are just additional ideas based on reading.
1) Use Fiddler to see what is being sent back and forth
2) Confirm that you are using a US edition of Quickbooks - this is the only supported version right now.