Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

elRonaldo
Advocate I
Advocate I

Failed to add user to group. (-2147022676 PBIEgwService Performance Log Users )

Hello everybody

I tried to install the Enterprise Gateway on my Win7 Prof notebook.

I couldn't install it because I got the following error message:

Failed to add user to group.  (-2147022676   PBIEgwService   Performance Log Users   )

I already tried the following:

https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/sqlblog/2015/09/02/power-bi-personal-gateway-installation-fails/

But it didn't help.

Does anyone had the same problem and found a solution?

Thx

17 REPLIES 17
TheMartha
Regular Visitor

Hi guys,

Actually the error came because I was trying to work with two different domanins.

If you work from the same domain, you will have no problem. What I mean is.. I had my credentials from our enterprise domain working on a RDC with contoso domain.

But it was a test server. If one implements with user that log in with credentials from the same domain, then you will get the enterprise working- very smoothly.

PSC

Hey All,

does somebody have still a solution ?

My main problem is that i want to install the Gateway on an active directory Server - so i cant create a local group ...

Does somebody have any idea ?

Geetings from Austria

PSC

hjnieuwenhuis

Hi there,

Got the same issue on my windows 10 system.

In computer management I made a new group with the name  "Performance Log Users"

After this I restarted the enterprise gateway setup and completed this with nog errors anymore.

Henk Jan Nieuwenhuis

gmax4000

Same issue, Windows Server 2012R2.  Not much in the way of answers from Microsoft here....

Anonymous
Not applicable

The solution of @sandrei doesn't apply to us. The OS is Microsoft Server 2012 and is in English. The "Performance Log Users" can be found but the server is a domain controller. Maybe this has something to do with the error...

alexanderg
Advocate II
Advocate II

hi people... the solution of @sandrei1 works fine!! I have Windows 10 Pro in Spanish language, so I only change the name of the group. I had "Usuarios del registro de rendimiento" in the users and local group, then I change the name to "Performance Log Users" in english then right!!!

sandrei1

The solution that works for me : my operation system was in French, so I had a group called "Utilisateurs du journal de performances". I changed the name with "Performance Log Users" and the installation finished ok.

Tried to install on swedish SBS Server Standard 2011, and had the same problem, but the solution with changing the name of the group did not work; it is a builtin group, and I see no way of changing the name. Also, adding a new group with the correct name does not seem to work.

As of now this seems to be a US-only product.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Same issue here.... 😞 

Windows Server 2012 R2 Spanish

Help!!!!

aivoryuk

Although I managed to install this on my personal laptop wondows 10 - I was not able to install this on 2 work computers for the above reasons windows 7

I installed the personal Power BI Gateway on the machine. It worked without any issues. But I need the Enterprise edition.

Didn't find a solution yet.

alexanderg
Advocate II
Advocate II

I have the same problem.. please help 

MPeinado
Advocate I
Advocate I

Same errorSmiley Sad

vlahoz
Frequent Visitor

Same Error

Windows Server 2012 R2 - Spanish language.

farendt
Advocate II
Advocate II

I have the same issue. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Link to error log

I also have the same problem. Is it possible that the script is wrong?

Maybe the Performance Log User is not actual in modern servers?..

I tryied to install it in two different environments

Anonymous
Not applicable

Same problem here. Tried to install on Server 2012 Standard.

The preview version worked.

Br. Olli

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors