Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

SteveGTR

Failed to Import Data Azure Audit Log

I was attempting to checkout Power BI the Azure Audit Logs Power Pack as described in the blog:

https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/analyze-azure-audit-logs-in-powerbi-more/

I setup a Power BI using my company email. It wouldn't accept my MSDN "personal account" email (outlook.com) or my government email account (.gov). But, no problem...

Once I was able to get into the Power BI portal I selected Get Data --> Services (Get) --> Azure Audit Logs --> Connect

Entered my Azure subscription (BizSpark account) and clicked Next

Selected OAuth2 as the Authentication Method and clicked Sign In

Entered my Azure signin information and clicked Sign in

A window came up saying that it was "Importing Data" and that this could take awhile

In less than a minute a window popped up stating that it had "Failed to import data"

If I click on the technical details link it shows some ID and a status code of 200

I tried this in Firefox and Edge on a Windows 10 machine

5 REPLIES 5
ashwink
Employee
Employee

Steve, 

There is an issue in the content pack that's impacting certain users. we are fixing this and will roll it out soon. Thank you for your patience.

Ashwin Kamath

PM, Azure

This seems to have popped up again. I had several subscriptions which had not had a data refresh from 15/12 on. 

Symptoms:

• Unable to refresh credentials on existing connections successfully. 
  • Unable to authenticate through the Content Pack Azure Audit wizard for any Azure suscription

powerbifail.png

Did anyone solved this issue yet? Cause, im still having this problem. 

I've got the same issue.

Any ETA on when the fix is to be rolled out?

Anonymous
Not applicable

My issue is "similar", however my does "say" that it successfully imported the data, although when i browse the dataset, report and dashboard it is completely empty.  I have tried removing and re-adding, and allowing it to sit for over 48 hours, but there is still no data..

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors