Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

kumarmanchala

Facebook Analytics

Hello,

Is there a way i can get analytics of my Facebook page in Power BI desktop? If I connect to my Facebook page (via. Facebook connector) in Power BI desktop, would it generate reports/dashboard automatically about my Facebook page activities, likes, feed & posts etc.. Is this possible?

Thanks,

Kiran

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
hemal_kanjia
Helper I
Helper I

Hello @kumarmanchala,

Yes, There is a way to get analytics of your Facebook page in Power BI desktop.
Please See the below article to get your answer
Facebook Integration with Power BI

Thanks and Regards,
Hemal

View solution in original post

Thank you for the information. This really help!

View solution in original post

22 REPLIES 22
Adel
Helper III
Helper III

hey, it's actually seperate, there is a connector for facebook page insights, i know that windsor.ai offers one, and you ll be able to create a dashboard and automate it.
https://windsor.ai/how-to-connect-facebook-ads-to-power-bi/

v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@kumarmanchala wrote:

If I connect to my Facebook page (via. Facebook connector) in Power BI desktop, would it generate reports/dashboard automatically about my Facebook page activities, likes, feed & posts etc.. Is this possible?

Thanks,

Kiran

Hi @kumarmanchala,

After you connect to Facebook from Power BI Desktop, it will not generate reports/dashboard automatically about your Facebook page activities, likes, feed & posts etc. You would need to create reports manually in Power BI Desktop and publish the Power BI Desktop file to Power BI Service. In Power BI Service, you can create dashboard for these reports.

Besides, about how to create different Facebook reports, you can take a look at the examples in the following links.
Analyze Facebook Groups with Power BI
Facebook Power BI Report

Thanks,
Lydia Zhang

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Lydia,

I tried connecting to facebook, but it generates only 4 fields like id, message, story. I missed so many fields as per the below link and not sure is there any setting to be done to get all the fields.

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/documentation/powerbi-desktop-tutorial-facebook-analytics/

Thanks,
Thimma

Hi ,

Even I was trying to do the same functionality( trying to connect my FB account to power BI desktop) as per the below link

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/documentation/powerbi-desktop-tutorial-facebook-analytics/

however, I am also getting only 4 fields( story,messages,created_time,id), what about the other colums that are shown uo in the tutorial?

in one of the youtube videos of Power BI , i witnessed that these options were available in v2.2 however with version v2.8 these are not available,is my understanding correct?

what is the fix to this issue?

Regards,
Palak

Hi ,

Even I was trying to do the same functionality( trying to connect my FB account to power BI desktop) as per the below link

however, I am also getting only 4 fields( story,messages,created_time,id), what about the other colums that are shown uo in the tutorial?

in one of the youtube videos of Power BI , i witnessed that these options were available in v2.2 however with version v2.8 these are not available,is my understanding correct?

what is the fix to this issue?

Regards,

Palak

Hello everyone,

Does anyone have the solution for that one?

Still see only 4 fields.

Anyone?

Thanks.

Anonymous
Not applicable

No updates on this as of now. it was gettting more than 4 fields with V2.2, but now it shows only 4 fields with all versions.

Thanks,
Thimma

Same problem here, 4 fields and nothing more! Any news on this issue?

Guess we won't have news anytime soon ...

Hi.

Starting API v2.8 only 5 columns are retrieved, if you want anything more than that you need to mention that specifically using URL params as shown below. You can check the column list for posts here: https://developers.facebook.com/docs/graph-api/reference/v2.9/post

Then in the advanced Editor: 

33333.png

change it with:

Source = Facebook.Graph("https://graph.facebook.com/v2.8/microsoftbi/posts?fields=id,
admin_creator,
application,
call_to_action,
caption,
created_time,
description,
feed_targeting,
from,
icon,
instagram_eligibility,
is_hidden,
is_instagram_eligible,
is_published,
link,
message,
message_tags,
name,
object_id,
parent_id,
permalink_url,
picture,
place,
privacy,
properties,
shares,
source,
status_type,
story,
story_tags,
targeting,
to,
type,
updated_time,
with_tags&limit=100")

@laubar1

Oh Sir, you are amazing!

Thanks a lot for sharing this information. It worked fine for me and now I can access all related information.

Regards,

@laubar1 wrote:

Hi.

Starting API v2.8 only 5 columns are retrieved, if you want anything more than that you need to mention that specifically using URL params as shown below. You can check the column list for posts here: https://developers.facebook.com/docs/graph-api/reference/v2.9/post

Then in the advanced Editor: 

33333.png

change it with:

Source = Facebook.Graph("https://graph.facebook.com/v2.8/microsoftbi/posts?fields=id,
admin_creator,
application,
call_to_action,
caption,
created_time,
description,
feed_targeting,
from,
icon,
instagram_eligibility,
is_hidden,
is_instagram_eligible,
is_published,
link,
message,
message_tags,
name,
object_id,
parent_id,
permalink_url,
picture,
place,
privacy,
properties,
shares,
source,
status_type,
story,
story_tags,
targeting,
to,
type,
updated_time,
with_tags&limit=100")

@laubar1

Thanks a lot!

One more question for you - Is it something sustainable, or we could suddenly lose all these important parameters from our reports, due to changes in the API?

My concern is, that I will create the reports I am looking for, and publish these reports and share it with the users, and in a few months from now, I will suddenly lose all the data from the report.

This is happened when the API changes to V2.8, but I think that with the string below we are no longer dependent on the API version - is that correct?

Thanks again!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Franklin1, I agree with you, its not good idea to depend on the API, it keeps changing. I too experience the same problem.

Thanks,

Thimma

Facebook Analytics in Power BI isn't working anymore, it's a complete chaos. The problem, maybe, is the Facebook API. If you know any solutions, please tell me. 

Any Update?

Nothing. 

Thank you for the information. This really help!

hemal_kanjia
Helper I
Helper I

Hello @kumarmanchala,

Yes, There is a way to get analytics of your Facebook page in Power BI desktop.
Please See the below article to get your answer
Facebook Integration with Power BI

Thanks and Regards,
Hemal

This only connects to personal Facebook data since Facebook no longer allows a business login. 

Hopefully they'll find a way to connect to the ads amanger or something. Pretty useless at the moment since I'm not interested in reporting on my personal Facebook activity. 🙂

Hello, gmbylsma. The integration between Power BI and Facebook Insights API doesn't work? I had the same problem here, and I can't find any useful answer for this question. Everybody stay focusing on personal data or basic metrics, but I need Facebook Business Manager metrics.  Do you have the same problem? Smiley Happy

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors