Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

mzeppieri
Regular Visitor

Extract the direct URL to view or edit a Sharepoint list item from PowerBI

I am using a Sharepoint list as my datasource and I am trying to find metadata associated to the list items that I expected to be available in my PowerBI data. I am using PowerBI to help users sort and view items from the Sharepoint List, and as part of the workflow, I want the ability for a user to click the list item URL from PowerBI, which would redirect them from PowerBI into Sharepoint. Only people who have access to the Sharepoint list have access to the PowerBI dashboard, so I don't have a concern around access. Each item in the Sharepoint list does have its own unique view URL, but I can't find that URL as metadata that Sharepoint passes to PowerBI as part of my data model. Is there a way to create this direct URL to the Sharepoint list item using power query?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yingjl
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @mzeppieri ,

When you connect to SharePoint list in power bi, you can find the document table. Load it into power query and filter 'File' folumn, expand the 'LinkingUri' or 'LinkingUrl' to extract the URL of files in SharePoint list.

expand.png

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Yingjie Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
dxy_puffpuff

Hi, have you solved your question successfully? Can you share the solution? Thank you!

v-yingjl
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @mzeppieri ,

When you connect to SharePoint list in power bi, you can find the document table. Load it into power query and filter 'File' folumn, expand the 'LinkingUri' or 'LinkingUrl' to extract the URL of files in SharePoint list.

expand.png

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Yingjie Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

I don't see the above options as well. Could you explain more?

I don't see the above options as well

Hello Microsoft

I do not see the option for Link to Url. Can you please help?

Thanks

Ryan

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors