Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

numersoz
Helper III
Helper III

External Data Source Python Script

Hi,

I'm connected to Sharepoint to get data from Excel sheets. I'm trying to run a Python script on this inside Power Query.

However I get the below error:

"Formula.Firewall: Query 'CapEx' (step 'Run Python script') references other queries or steps, so it may not directly access a data source. Please rebuild this data combination."

I've tried to make the data source privacy setting to none or public and that didn't help. 

Does anyone have any suggetions? I need to be able to run Python on source inside Sharepoint.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-frfei-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @numersoz ,

All Python data source settings must be set to Public, and all other steps in a query created in Query Editor must also be public. To get to data source settings, in Power BI Desktop select File > Options and settings > Data source settings.

From the Data Source Settings dialog, select the data source(s) and then select Edit Permissions... and ensure that the Privacy Level is set to Public.'

Community Support Team _ Frank
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the others find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-frfei-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @numersoz ,

All Python data source settings must be set to Public, and all other steps in a query created in Query Editor must also be public. To get to data source settings, in Power BI Desktop select File > Options and settings > Data source settings.

From the Data Source Settings dialog, select the data source(s) and then select Edit Permissions... and ensure that the Privacy Level is set to Public.'

Community Support Team _ Frank
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the others find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors