Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

kimlien3006
Helper II
Helper II

Expression.Error when combining multiple files with the same format

Hi everyone, 

I've tried several times to fix the Expression. Error and it was not successful. Maybe you can give me some advices how to solve it. I have around more than 20 files (monthly reports from 07/2018 to 08/2020) with the same format and inserted in a shared drive. I connected all files to Power BI and combined files. At the end I should have one query with all data. However, there is an Expression. Error. The name of the files has a format A_ YYYYMM_(the time it was downloaded from the system). 

Looking forward to hearing from you! 

Thank so much!

error.jpg

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Hi @Jimmy801 

I solved the problem by myself. I just changed the name of the tab in each file so that they have the same name for the tab. But thanks anyways! 

View solution in original post

Hello @kimlien3006 

try to check out this link 

Please check out also if for this files, where an error is created, if the sheet name is really the same

If this post helps or solves your problem, please mark it as solution (to help other users find useful content and to acknowledge the work of users that helped you)
Kudoes are nice too

Have fun

Jimmy

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Jimmy801
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hello @kimlien3006 

probably they don't have the same structure. I would need the exact Expression.Error and your custom function to understand what is causing this, because it's your custom function that returns the error.

BR

Jimmy

Hi @Jimmy801 

Here is the custom function = Table.AddColumn(#"Filtered Hidden Files1", "Transform File (2)", each #"Transform File (2)"([Content]))

And the error, please see the screenshot. 

Thanks!

error 1.jpg

Hello @kimlien3006 

try to check out this link 

Please check out also if for this files, where an error is created, if the sheet name is really the same

If this post helps or solves your problem, please mark it as solution (to help other users find useful content and to acknowledge the work of users that helped you)
Kudoes are nice too

Have fun

Jimmy

Hi @Jimmy801 

I solved the problem by myself. I just changed the name of the tab in each file so that they have the same name for the tab. But thanks anyways! 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors