Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Niiru1
Helper V
Helper V

Expression.Error] We cannot convert a value of type List to type Record.

I have a table of text values I need to group / find the "Succeeded" % and I was hoping to count each "Succeeded" and "Resolved"

Check.PNG

My aim is to get the % of each column succeeded at each date e.g. CALCUALTE(COUNT([1.1 Attributions Monitor Check])="Succeeded")) / ALLSELECTED ([1.1 Attributions Monitor Check])  (11/12 = 91.67%) and then it would be 100% on other dates in each column.

Is this possible?

OVERALL AIM

Hoping to plot the %s on a line graph to show the success % over a period of time.

aim.PNG

I have tried grouping 1 column using Query editor table.group but this only works for 1 column and when I enter another I get the "Expression.Error] We cannot convert a value of type List to type Record." error

Script I am using is:

let
Source = Excel.Workbook(Web.Contents("https://blank.sharepoint.com/teams/Project%20Report.xlsx"), null, true),
#"Daily Checks_Sheet" = Source{[Item="Daily Checks",Kind="Sheet"]}[Data],
#"Promoted Headers1" = Table.PromoteHeaders(#"Daily Checks_Sheet", [PromoteAllScalars=true]),
#"Changed Type1" = Table.TransformColumnTypes(#"Promoted Headers1",{{"Date", type date}, {"1.1 Attributions Monitor Check", type text}, {"1.2 Timings Monitor Check", type text}, {"2.1 BI - Datasets Refresh Check", type text}, {"2.2 BI - Apps Refresh Check", type text}, {"2.3 PowerApps Check", type text}}),
#"Changed Type" = Table.TransformColumnTypes(#"Changed Type1",{{"Date", type date}, {"1.1 Attributions Monitor Check", type text}, {"1.2 Timings Monitor Check", type text}, {"2.1 BI - Datasets Refresh Check", type text}, {"2.2 BI - Apps Refresh Check", type text}, {"2.3 PowerApps Check", type text}}),
#"Added Custom" = Table.AddColumn(#"Changed Type", "Resolved Check", each [1.1 Attributions Monitor Check] & "-" & [1.2 Timings Monitor Check] & "-" & [#"2.1 BI - Datasets Refresh Check"] & "-" & [#"2.2 BI - Apps Refresh Check"] & "-" & [2.3 PowerApps Check]),
#"Renamed Columns" = Table.RenameColumns(#"Added Custom",{{"Resolved Check", "Resolved Check ⚠"}}),
#"Added Index" = Table.AddIndexColumn(#"Renamed Columns", "Index", 1, 1, Int64.Type),
#"Grouped Rows" = Table.Group(#"Changed Type", {"1.1 Attributions Monitor Check"}, {{"Count", each Table.RowCount(_), type number}})
in
#"Grouped Rows"

4 REPLIES 4
BA_Pete
Super User
Super User

Hi @Niiru1 ,

I'm not sure what you're expecting Power Query to do here.

Your own post seems to describe the correct solution to the problem i.e. using a measure to divide the count of successful rows by the total rows in the date window. Are you just after help writing the measure correctly?

I assume you have a calendar table that maps dates to week numbers for the chart axis, so everything should be in place to produce your chart otherwise.

Pete

Now accepting Kudos! If my post helped you, why not give it a thumbs-up?

Proud to be a Datanaut!

Yes I suppose a measure would work best but any previous attempts I have made at a measure just give me the 91% value but I'm unable to plot it along a date axis as it only gives me a value of 1 / 100% instead of the 91%

.date check.PNG

formula I have used is:

1.1 % Succeeded = 
VAR succeed1 = CALCULATE(COUNT('Daily Checks'[1.1 Attributions Monitor Check]),'Daily Checks'[1.1 Attributions Monitor Check]=="Succeeded")
VAR totalmonitor = CALCULATE(COUNT('Daily Checks'[1.1 Attributions Monitor Check]),'Daily Checks'[1.1 Attributions Monitor Check]<>BLANK())
RETURN
DIVIDE(succeed1,totalmonitor)

Hi @Niiru1 ,

You're not going to get the correct values against a date axis as you only have one value per date in your table, so no total count to divide by.

You would need to have a period that contains at least two dates on the axis to create a group of rows that are not just that date row to divide by.

I'll have a look in more detail tomorrow and get back to you.

Pete

Proud to be a Datanaut!

Hi @Niiru1 ,

If you want to display the performance on a week axis, then use this measure:

_weeklyAttribs = 
VAR __weekCount =
CALCULATE(
    COUNT(dailyChecks[attribs]),
    ALLEXCEPT(dailyChecks, dailyChecks[week])
)
VAR __successCount =
CALCULATE(
    COUNT(dailyChecks[attribs]),
    dailyChecks[attribs] = "S",
    ALLEXCEPT(dailyChecks, dailyChecks[week])
)
RETURN
DIVIDE(__successCount, __weekCount, 0)

This gives me the following output:

BA_Pete_2-1643787652052.png

You'll notice that using this measure will give you a correct 'running' value for incomplete weeks e.g. week 3.

As mentioned before, if you want to display your measures on a DATE axis, you will need a measure that creates a denominator group, such as 'last 7 days' etc.

Pete

Proud to be a Datanaut!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors