Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GeekAlfPro
Advocate I
Advocate I

Export entire m code from Power BI to power Query in Excel

Hi,

i have some M Code in PBI Desktop, and i'd like to import this code in Power Query in Excel.

i installed power query helper, see here but the app changed completly and i don't manage to do it.

is there a way to do this easily ?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AlB
Super User III
Super User III

Hi @GeekAlfPro 

Sure you can just copy the queries as usual, with Ctrl-C, on the queries pane (on the left) in the query editor in Power BI and then open Power Query in Excel and paste, Ctrl-V, on the same queries pane (on the left).  That should get you all your queries moved.

Please mark the question solved when done and consider giving a thumbs up if posts are helpful.

Contact me privately for support with any larger-scale BI needs, tutoring, etc.

Cheers 

SU18_powerbi_badge

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
AlB
Super User III
Super User III

Hi @GeekAlfPro 

Sure you can just copy the queries as usual, with Ctrl-C, on the queries pane (on the left) in the query editor in Power BI and then open Power Query in Excel and paste, Ctrl-V, on the same queries pane (on the left).  That should get you all your queries moved.

Please mark the question solved when done and consider giving a thumbs up if posts are helpful.

Contact me privately for support with any larger-scale BI needs, tutoring, etc.

Cheers 

SU18_powerbi_badge

View solution in original post

Hi @AlB 

that's it !

it didn't work cause i tried to paste it in the query editor not in the pane !

thanks

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI User Groups

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

March Update

Check it Out!

Click here to read more about the March 2021 Updates!

secondImage

The largest Power BI virtual conference

100+ sessions, 100+ speakers, Product managers, MVPs, and experts. All about Power BI. Attend online or watch the recordings.

secondImage

Experience what’s next for Power BI

See the latest Power BI innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors