Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
HansSu Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Export data from visualizations directly into SQL

Hi there,

My customer wants to analyze data in PowerBi and once done export the filtered table. I know i'ts possible to export to Excel (.CSV) but is it also possible to export directly to a SQL Service?

4 REPLIES 4
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Export data from visualizations directly into SQL

Hi @HansSu 

Hope this article will help you

Exporting Power BI Data to SQL Server

Best Regards
Maggie

Community Support Team _ Maggie Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

HansSu Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Hello Maggie, thanks for your response.

Unfortunately, it doesn't help me. I need a way to export data from a visualization directly into SQL service (so after applying filters, slicers, etc.), not Power BI Data.

Ewo Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Hi @v-juanli-msft ,

I was looking for solution to same question.  As @HansSu 's customer, my company asked same question as well. 

The article you shared about transfering data from Power Query to SQL but what i want to learn; is it possible to transfer measured visual data. Can we use powerBI like an ETL tool?

Once i get data into powerBI i use a lot of calculated columns and measures to make it more meaningful. So i want to insert this meaningful data to SQL and keep it in another table.

Bests,

HansSu Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

@Ewo wrote:

Once i get data into powerBI i use a lot of calculated columns and measures to make it more meaningful. So i want to insert this meaningful data to SQL and keep it in another table.

That's exactly the same with me, that's why my customer wants it.