Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

tkboisvert
Helper II
Helper II

Expanding on OAuth authentication functions ( StartLogin, FinishLogin, Refresh, Logout )

Hi Forum,

I have written a few successful Custom Connectors with OAuth functionality and the authentication process does make sense. 

I have browsed through and know many of the Sample Data Connectors well.

To me it is very clear WHAT the OAuth Authentication functions DO. My question is around the details, there is not a lot of information about HOW the auth fx work.

I'm curious if there is some knowledge I have missed which might expand on the following items:

• Metadata
    • For example, I know that LoginUri, CallbackUri, WindowHeight, WindowWidth and Context can be used ( I just happened to find these implemented somewhere, and are not listed in documentation I have seen ), but where is the technical doc explaining what the heck they're actually doing? I can guess, as some are obvious, but what is 'Context'? And how do I know the others are doing what I think they are?
    • Am I missing any?
  • When / how are they triggered?
    • For example, it is not clear when Logout is triggered. I have some guesses, but again, no techinical doc I've found answers that.
    • Same for Refresh; is Refresh triggered when an auth fails? Or just every time a refresh is kicked off?
    • Can I just trigger refresh whenever I want?

Please point me in the right direction and I will gladly update the docs /  submit feedback on pages like this which should contain the information.

🙂

Edit:

I think this issue extends to other properties like .Publish and .Icons and the base ( like TestConnection ). Any additional info on those would be greatly appreciated as well.

1 REPLY 1
v-alq-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @tkboisvert 

I am not familiar with OAuth authentication functions. I haven't found detailed documents about how the auth functions work. I'd like to suggest you open a support ticket here for further help if you have a pro license.

Best Regards

Allan

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors