Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Douwe
Helper I
Helper I

Exchange scheduled data refresh error

Hi all,

For our new planning tool I am connection to an Exchange calendar. Data refresh works perfect when using Power BI Desktop or the refresh now function in Power BI Service. However, when I try to setup a daily scheduled refresh, I'm receiving the following error:

Screenshot 2016-08-28 11.33.18.png

Any idea how to solve this issue? 

Kind regards,

Douwe

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Just received another update and it seems the issue will be solved within 30 days!

Hello Douwe,

How are you doing today? The product Group is working on a fix, it should roll into production in the next 30 days.

After the fix have roll out to production and you are still getting the same issue, please feel free to open a new ticket

I apologize again for any inconvenience this may cause and Thank you again for your time and patience in this matter. I will be proceeding with closing this support case.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

Check your credentials under Schedule Refresh. Is this to Exchange Online or on-premises? If Online, make sure it is OAuth.

You may have to "send a frown" to Microsoft support by clicking on the smiley icon and including a screenshot of the error.

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

I found this post since I'm suffering to refresh MS Exchange data. I connected using Exchange Online and used the OAuth option to set up the refresh schedule. I get the following error message:

2019-04-08_13h55_14.png

Any ideas? (Sorry to bump up an old topic, but thought this post was relevant)

Thanks for your reply. Its to Exchange Online and used OAuth. The weird thing is that it works with an on demand refresh, but not when using the scheduled refresh.

I'll try sending a frown, thanks!

Hi @Douwe,

As you mentioned you have sent a frown, is the issue solved?

Based on my test, once I edit the credential to use OAuth and schedule the refresh, scheduled refresh can complete successfully. In your scenario, after setting OAuth authentication, please click Refresh Now to verify the connection. Then set the schedule refresh. During the time from manually refresh to schedule refresh, make sure no one modify the dataset settings. Also you can use the Fiddler to monitor which credential is passed to access Exchange during schedule refresh.

If you have any question, please feel free to ask.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-qiuyu-msft

Unfortunately the problem is not solved yet. The weird thing is the following:

When I fill it the credentials with OAuth and click Refresh Now the connection works and I am getting fresh data. Then I set the schedule, which also works if the scheduled time is soon after I refreshed it manually (like 1-2 hours). However, then next day it breaks again and gives me the notification as posted above.

Still in contact with Microsoft about this and waiting for their answer.

Kind regards,

Douwe

Latest update from Microsoft support:

This issue was already been submitted to the Product Group and they are working on it. It seems that you are getting the credentials error because Power BI switches the credentials to Windows from OAuth on its own. Please bear with us while we investigate this issue more.

Just received another update and it seems the issue will be solved within 30 days!

Hello Douwe,

How are you doing today? The product Group is working on a fix, it should roll into production in the next 30 days.

After the fix have roll out to production and you are still getting the same issue, please feel free to open a new ticket

I apologize again for any inconvenience this may cause and Thank you again for your time and patience in this matter. I will be proceeding with closing this support case.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors