cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
acerNZ
Helper III
Helper III

Excel Power Query, Structured column is greyed out with no option to add " Add Data Type" missing

Hi Experts,

Please can you help me, my excel (office 365), I am not able to see the following "Add Data Type" is missing as "Structured Data Column" in the Transform is greyed out. I have tried by selecting the coloumn and multiple columns

The other things of Interest. 

1. I also notice that when power query as Com ADD-INs is missing but I am able to get power query transform by selecting the add source.  Please can you help me 2021-01-19_14h16_36.png

Thanks 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
V-pazhen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@acerNZ 
Power Query data types are available only for Office 365 subscriber, if you have O365 subscription please get the latest updates to use this feature.

Paul Zheng _ Community Support Team
If this post helps, please Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
V-pazhen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@acerNZ 
Power Query data types are available only for Office 365 subscriber, if you have O365 subscription please get the latest updates to use this feature.

Paul Zheng _ Community Support Team
If this post helps, please Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

@V-pazhen-msft 

Thanks Paul, Yes I am on Office 365 but updates are controlled by organization, I have no control. So I cannot do much. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI User Groups

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

April Update

Check it Out!

Click here to read more about the April 2021 Updates!

secondImage

The largest Power BI virtual conference

100+ sessions, 100+ speakers, Product managers, MVPs, and experts. All about Power BI. Attend online or watch the recordings.

secondImage

Experience what’s next for Power BI

See the latest Power BI innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Top Solution Authors