Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Essbase connection to PowerBI services via Dataflow

Hi, 

A gateway has been set up to connect PowerBI services to essbase on prem but there is no entity availabile for a connection to essbase via dataflows (without publishing to Desktop) . Has anyone come up with a workaround?

4 REPLIES 4
V-pazhen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@Anonymous 

You cannot do that with power bi dataflow, but I found something relevant in Power Apps.
Use a custom connector from a flow | Microsoft Docs

You might want to go to Power App forum for the detail. 

Paul Zheng _ Community Support Team
If this post helps, please Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Or if there could be any other way to create link to an external data source that is currently not in the connector list in PowerBI services dataflow? 

edhans
Super User
Super User

Unfortunately I do not think you can use custom connectors with DataFlows, and the essbase connector is in Power BI desktop only, not available via Power Query for DataFlows.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
Did my answers help arrive at a solution? Give it a kudos by clicking the Thumbs Up!

DAX is for Analysis. Power Query is for Data Modeling

Proud to be a Super User!

MCSA: BI Reporting
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thankyou! 

Do you think there is a way to use power automate to create a custom connection and to deposit the dataset in PowerBi - keeping it linked in the cloud and avoiding desktop? Fairly new to creating custom connectors so not sure if it is possible. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors