Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

mpalha04
Helper III
Helper III

Errors when Refreshing Google Sheets Data

I have successfully connected to my Google Sheets data using the Web connector, however, when I hit the refresh button multiple errors show (table not found, etc.). Sometimes it refreshes nicely, sometimes that error message shows, but it's not completly reliable. Does anyone know how to resolve this issue to have Google Sheets data refreshed seamlessly.

Thanks

8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

The same problem! Completely as you describe - in some cases data from sheets are updated very easy, in some cases the issue "Column not found". But nothing change. I thought that opened sheets are not updated but not :(. It is really a problem with Google sheet updating.

andreilupan
Regular Visitor

It seems that this issue wasn't fixed. I have exactly the same issue here. In 60-70% of the cases when the query is refreshed, an error pops up saying that "The column XYZ of the table wasn't found." When I refresh it again, a different column appears to not be found. This is not a data source issue, because all the columns are intact in the table I'm pulling the data from. And it's not a code syntax issue, because even though the Applied Steps remain exactly the same, sometimes the data is pulled correctly and sometimes it is not.

v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@mpalha04,

Could you please post the error message that you get?

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

GA_Error.JPG

Here is the error message that shows when I hit Refresh

@mpalha04,

The error could occur when your data source doesn't contain  the Date column any more when you click the refresh button.

Click on your query in query editor , and check APPLIED STEPS in Query Setting panel, some steps (for example,“Renamed Columns” should make changes to the Date column, as long as you remove these steps, the error should go away.

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi Lydia,

I have tried removing some steps and it still doesn't seem to work...

Anonymous
Not applicable

Same problem here. 

You have to note that when you try to refresh the second time without doing anything it works. 

I should mention that nothing has changed in my table. Sometimes the data refreshes properly, sometimes I get this message.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors