Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Error while configuring AS Connector - Gateway Key not assigned yet

When starting the Data Management Gateway Service the error message 'Gateway Key is not assigned yet' is logged in the Event Viewer Log.

When running the configuration UI for the AS Connector this results in 'Register Gateway Failed' after adding the description details. 2 errors appear in the Event Viewer Log, that refer to the same Gateway Key.

Failed to execute the command ' -k 666c0eb3-e1ba-4980-bd02-c952d4f09f06@b0467f8b-603a-466a-a33d-c1af88bd0b31@fe249b62-106f-40f9-a4c0-e3a3d7bd4638@ne#6xVKf9brMtocn7+YvkFNroaHfyVOIG6t33QB+tbBStw='. Error message: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. at Microsoft.DataTransfer.DIAgentHost.NamedPipeControllers.NamedPipeGatewayClientController.VerifyGatewayKey(String gatewayKey) at Microsoft.DataTransfer.DIAgentHost.NamedPipeServer.PipeServerThread(Object data)
 Object reference not set to an instance of an object. at Microsoft.DataTransfer.DIAgentHost.NamedPipeControllers.NamedPipeGatewayClientController.VerifyGatewayKey(String gatewayKey) at Microsoft.DataTransfer.DIAgentHost.NamedPipeServer.PipeServerThread(Object data) 

I've already reviewed the 'Troubleshooting the AS Connector' page on the support site. In addition, I've checked following things :
- User that is being used has the Power BI for Office 365 subscription, which translates to Power BI Pro account
- SSAS Tabular Model and the AS Connector are to be installed on the same machine.
- The server that hosts the tabular model and the AS Connector is allowed all outbound traffic through ports 443, 5672, 9370, 9371, 9372, 9372 and 9373. These settings have been made on the firewall
- Connecting to the Power BI Service and Tabular Model on-premise works with the user that runs the configuration UI
- AD Synchronisation has been configured, and successfully works
- ADFS allows forms based authentication
- The user and NT Service\DIAHostService have been added to the local group 'Data Management Gateway Users' and are local admin on that machine.
- Using the same machine to configure a Power BI Personal Gateway works, and is able to refresh datasets on a scheduled basis. Personal Gateway has been removed after this test, and another attempt at the AS Connector was tried.

Any help would be greatly appreciated ..

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

I simultaneously logged a service request in O365 about this, with the same details I provided here. Still no reply, or classification of the request what so ever. 

Safe to say I'm (and my client) disappointed in the service ..

Does anyone else have any possible leads or tips I can use to troubleshoot?

we are having the same issue unfortunately. Did you get this resolved?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors