Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

bloigge
Frequent Visitor

Error when refreshing: "There is no enough space for this row."

Hi,

When I try to refresh my data I get this error: "There is no enough space for this row." What does this mean? Is my data model too big?

11 REPLIES 11
hsumal

I am getting this error using the online refresh and scheduled refresh . My data model is very small (2mb). Has this been resolved ?
mdoll
Frequent Visitor

Having this same issue.  Not sure how I am supposed to decrease the size or get it to refresh.

rodjarman
Frequent Visitor

Bumping this post as getting the same error.

It is quite a large file. Not sure how to measure it but it is around 95Mb as a .pbix file.

Other data sets update fine so could it be a capacity issue with the gateway? 

Update: Data model is 101,540 Kb.

Anonymous
Not applicable

This is an issue for us too - refreshing data via R and Power BI gateway, I get the rather Scottish sounding - "There is no enough space for this row."

My file size is 101 MB, works fine on desktop of course.

What's strange is apparently Power BI increased their limits fairly recently ...

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/power-bi-service-may-update-file-size-increase-to-1-gb/#one...

And we should therefore be good up to 1 GB .... but we're not.

Anybody have any ideas why it fails?

Wouter
Resolver I
Resolver I

Any news on this one. Getting the excact same error.

Extra Comments: Worked initially

@bloigge depending on what you are using to create your model, this blog should help you out. It will show you how to determine the size of you model.

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

@Seth_C_Bauer - Thank you for your feedback. I zipped my powerBI desktop file and it seems that the size of my data model is small enough. Any thoughts why I stil get the error?datamodel.PNG

@bloigge Let's back up a second. I posted based on the "Is my model to big" question.

Where and when are you getting the error specifically. Have you changed anything in your model recently?

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

My report is new - the model was created recently - I was never able to refresh anything. The error is shown when I click "refresh now" in the PowerBI.com Dataset section. The data is retrieved from an on-premise data source via the gateway. When I use the same M-Language Code in PowerQuery in Excel I can refreh with no error.

@bloigge I'm not familiar with the exact error, I can hypothesis that it has something to do with a data/field length ( for obvious reasons) Do you have any excessively long column names or possible data values?

While I'm not aware of any hard limit, it doesn't mean that there isn't one.

Other things to try:

Ensure that your data sources are supported: https://support.powerbi.com/knowledgebase/articles/474669-refresh-data-in-power-bi

Try to run the model through Power BI Desktop and publish

use the "Frowny face" in PBI Desktop to submit the issue if it still occurs to get more directed support to troubleshoot.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors