Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

NoralfG
Regular Visitor

Error when connecting to on-premise Navision 2016

I've tried to use Get Data and select the Microsoft Dynamics NAV App to connect to our on-premise Navision 2016 instance.

The on-premise gateway is installed and source set up successfully (test connection is working fine), but after adding the Odata URL to the Microsoft Dynamics NAV App it first says "Please hold on while we check for your credentials" and then just a few seconds "... importing your data" before this error appears:

We couldn't import data from Microsoft Dynamics NAV

There is no available gateway.
Please try again later or contact support. If you contact support, please provide these details.

Clicking on "Show technical details" give this information:

Urlhttp://my-server.my-domain.com:7048/NAV_instance_2016/OData/Company('MyCompany')
ConnectionType{FieldValue}
Correlation IDe0155a52-8c79-2bd3-cfd3-ab31761f2382
Activity IDd03b3510-e974-4de9-9687-059e7226a764
Request ID7de55c41-ad32-b5e2-0f8f-7410f9ccc675
Status code400
TimeThu Jul 20 2017 10:49:01 GMT+0200 (W. Europe Summer Time)
Version13.0.1930.145
Cluster URIhttps://wabi-europe-north-b-redirect.analysis.windows.net

Anyone that has an idea?

-Noralf
4 REPLIES 4

@NoralfG Have you followed this walkthrough?

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

Thank you for your suggestion @Seth_C_Bauer,

Yes, but actually I was not asked for username/password at all (thought the gateway source were used). But after deleting everything and try to add the content pack again I was asked for username/password and of cause Windows (which we use in Navision) is not supported. 😐

I guess we have to try to adjust Navision to accept Basic authentication... But will that disable our current single sign on with AD account?

-Noralf

Hi @NoralfG,

The content pack can only connect to Online data sources which you would have to have Dynamics NAV Online to be able to use the NAV content pack. In your scenario, please use OData Feed data source in Power BI desktop to re-create reports. Then publish the report to Power BI service, configure the dataset to use the on-premise data gateway.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-qiuyu-msft,

It's probably so that's the only supported variant. But first of all: In Norway Microsoft does not offer NAV as an online service, secondly I'm aware of many customers using the content pack for on-premise installations. 😉

I think @Seth_C_Bauer pointed me to the source of the problem: We need to use basic authentication.

I'll let you know when I've tested that... 😉

-Noralf

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors