cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Error when Refreshing R Script Data

loading an SPSS .sav file using the following script found elsewhere in this community - loading spss data with R

let
Source = R.Execute("library (RevoScaleR)#(lf)spssFile <- file.path(""\\file path\\.sav"");
#(lf)tempFile <- ""\\file path\\temp.xdf"";
#(lf)tempData <- rxImport(inData = spssFile, outFile = tempFile, overwrite=TRUE);
#(lf)spssData <- rxFactors(inData=tempData, sortLevels=TRUE,factorInfo=c(""rwkrsonea""));"),
spssData1 = Source{[Name="spssData"]}[Value]
in
spssData1

the initial load is fine and i am able to manipulate the data in power query. however, if I close and re-open the file, I am no longer able to refresh or edit the powerquery script (to eliminate uneeded columns, alter data-types etc)

I get the following error - nothing about the source file or any other data has changed.

DataSource.Error: ADO.NET: R script error.
Error in doTryCatch(return(expr), name, parentenv, handler) :
Error: Call to 'uncompress' failed. Input data was corrupted or incomplete.
Calls: rxFactors ... tryCatch -> tryCatchList -> tryCatchOne -> doTryCatch -> .Call
Execution halted

Details:
DataSourceKind=R
DataSourcePath=R
Message=R script error.
Error in doTryCatch(return(expr), name, parentenv, handler) :
Error: Call to &#39;uncompress&#39; failed. Input data was corrupted or incomplete.
Calls: rxFactors ... tryCatch -&gt; tryCatchList -&gt; tryCatchOne -&gt; doTryCatch -&gt; .Call
Execution halted

ErrorCode=-2147467259
ExceptionType=Microsoft.PowerBI.Radio.RScriptRuntimeException

if I start a fresh powerBI file, with just the R script as the source (and not a copy of the power query/M code) then it works fine, 

I feel like there's a parameter/cache issue, but I don't know what to change. Please help

Helpful resources

Announcements

August Community Highlights

Check out a full recap of the month!

August 2020 CYST Challenge

Check out the winners of the recent 'Can You Solve These?' community challenge!

Experience what’s next for Power BI

Join us for an in-depth look at the new Power BI features and capabilities at the free Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Top Solution Authors