Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

AlexDantin
Helper I
Helper I

Error when Refreshing R Script Data

loading an SPSS .sav file using the following script found elsewhere in this community - loading spss data with R

let
Source = R.Execute("library (RevoScaleR)#(lf)spssFile <- file.path(""\\file path\\.sav"");
#(lf)tempFile <- ""\\file path\\temp.xdf"";
#(lf)tempData <- rxImport(inData = spssFile, outFile = tempFile, overwrite=TRUE);
#(lf)spssData <- rxFactors(inData=tempData, sortLevels=TRUE,factorInfo=c(""rwkrsonea""));"),
spssData1 = Source{[Name="spssData"]}[Value]
in
spssData1

the initial load is fine and i am able to manipulate the data in power query. however, if I close and re-open the file, I am no longer able to refresh or edit the powerquery script (to eliminate uneeded columns, alter data-types etc)

I get the following error - nothing about the source file or any other data has changed.

DataSource.Error: ADO.NET: R script error.
Error in doTryCatch(return(expr), name, parentenv, handler) :
Error: Call to 'uncompress' failed. Input data was corrupted or incomplete.
Calls: rxFactors ... tryCatch -> tryCatchList -> tryCatchOne -> doTryCatch -> .Call
Execution halted

Details:
DataSourceKind=R
DataSourcePath=R
Message=R script error.
Error in doTryCatch(return(expr), name, parentenv, handler) :
Error: Call to &#39;uncompress&#39; failed. Input data was corrupted or incomplete.
Calls: rxFactors ... tryCatch -&gt; tryCatchList -&gt; tryCatchOne -&gt; doTryCatch -&gt; .Call
Execution halted

ErrorCode=-2147467259
ExceptionType=Microsoft.PowerBI.Radio.RScriptRuntimeException

if I start a fresh powerBI file, with just the R script as the source (and not a copy of the power query/M code) then it works fine, 

I feel like there's a parameter/cache issue, but I don't know what to change. Please help

0 REPLIES 0

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors