Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

TerryHarrison

Error message when trying to connect with Analysis services Connector

Hi all, Im new to Power BI and trying to setup a simple link to a on-premise data model using the Analysis Services Connector. I get to the final screen of the setup (friendly name setup) but when i click next i get the error 'The data at the root level is invalid. Line 1, position 1.' I can access the analysis services data model from excel so not sure what is wrong. any advice appreciated. regards, Terry
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
TerryHarrison

Hi all, I have spoken to Microsoft on this and they have advised that this is a known issue that started about a week ago. They say they are looking into it. If you can then raise a ticket with them as the more users with the problem the quicker it will be fixed. As a workaround you could use the Enterprise gateway if needed. Terry

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
TerryHarrison

Hi all, I have spoken to Microsoft on this and they have advised that this is a known issue that started about a week ago. They say they are looking into it. If you can then raise a ticket with them as the more users with the problem the quicker it will be fixed. As a workaround you could use the Enterprise gateway if needed. Terry
xfuzzheadx
Regular Visitor

I am getting the same issue also. It worked before, but I am not sure what changes, if any, is giving me the current error message.

Helge

Hi Terry,

I'm getting the exact same error.

Did you already find a solutions?

Thanks

Helge

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors