Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Hammerschmidt
Regular Visitor

Error: dataformat.error 'text' is an invalid xmlnodetype

Greetings!

I'm importing a folder with a series of sheets in xlsx format., I'm not having problems with the error dataformat.error 'text' is an invalid xmlnodetype.

I tried to create a custom column then use Excel.Workbook containing, "Excel.Workbook[Content]), but the problem was not resolved as seen in the image below.

error.png

I make available the files that I need to be read: https://drive.google.com/drive/u/0/folders/10RNAAKY2IQJbcHzocw58rBHOtNFyqLij

I need help trying to solve this problem and be able to read this spreadsheet database in Power Query.

Thank you very much in advance! 🙂

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Hammerschmidt
Regular Visitor

Hi @jbwtp 

In fact, it was wrong to write the code, however when fixing it, I still can't join the tables.
Until then, the solution I got was transforming the spreadsheets into CSV by VBA, so that after that I could perform the reading within the Power Query correctly, this generates more slowness within my automation via python, but it was the best solution so far time.

Hammerschmidt_0-1663801151821.png

Thanks so much for the feedback anyway! 🙂

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Hammerschmidt
Regular Visitor

Hi @jbwtp 

In fact, it was wrong to write the code, however when fixing it, I still can't join the tables.
Until then, the solution I got was transforming the spreadsheets into CSV by VBA, so that after that I could perform the reading within the Power Query correctly, this generates more slowness within my automation via python, but it was the best solution so far time.

Hammerschmidt_0-1663801151821.png

Thanks so much for the feedback anyway! 🙂

jbwtp
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

Hi @Hammerschmidt,

I think that you should have the column reference in brackets:

Excel.Workbook [Content] )

Kind regards,

John

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors